0.9| Movie Night

Joe's P.O.V

Ben and I had laid in the field until the sun started setting, just taking in each other's presence until we started heading back home.

We walked pretty much straight home rather than getting distracted by every little thing around us.

I just wanted to read a book with a warm drink and big blanket.

~~~

I unlocked my door and threw my keys on the counter and hung my coat up like always.

I carefully grabbed a vase out of one of the high cupboards and filled it with water.

I set the vase on the kitchen counter and grabbed the sunflower Ben had got me out of my back pants pocket.

I dropped the flower in the water.

"Wanna watch a movie, Joey?" Ben asked me

I stood there for a minute and turned a deep pink at the nickname.

"S-sure" I stuttered with a smile.

I looked over at Ben who was grinning and patting the cushion next to him on the couch.

I walked over and sat down with him.

"Wanna watch a scary movie?"

It's been years since I watched a horror movie I honestly don't like them but I wanna make Ben happy.

I nodded as Ben opened Netflix up and put on 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'

Oh boy

"Popcorn?"

"Sounds good"

I asked Ben if he wanted popcorn just so I could stall on watching the movie.

I grabbed a package of popcorn out of the box and threw it in the microwave.

2:00 minutes

I leaned against the counter while waiting for it to pop.

I grabbed the bag out of the microwave and put it in a big bowl then walked back over to the couch.

"Ready?"

I nodded again as a response.

~~~

We made it about 10 minutes into the movie and then I started getting slightly grossed out and scared.

Then some guy popped out from around a corner and I jumped and almost spilled our popcorn.

Ben just chuckled and pulled me closer to him.

I rested my head on his shoulder and tried to calm myself down.

~~~

Now we were about 45 minutes into the film and I hated it.

I heard the loud sound of a chainsaw and a woman screaming then I hid my face in Ben's shoulder.

Ben grabbed the remote from the coffee table and paused the movie.

"Do you want me to turn it off?" He asked with sympathy very evident in his voice.

"Y-yeah" I choked out

Ben nodded and turned off the movie.

I felt like a fool, I didn't want Ben to see me as a coward but I truely just couldn't take that damn movie anymore.

"Sorry" I said

Ben's expression softened

"You don't need to be, to be honest that movie was kinda gross anyway" he said with a small chuckle

I smiled softly and looked at my feet.

~~~

I decided to break the silence by hopping off the couch and crouching down next to it.

I could see Ben was confused by what I was doing.

I grabbed the handle of my bass case and pulled it out from underneath the couch.

I just kept it there because it took up less space.

I set it on the couch and Ben moved over slightly to make room for it.

I dusted the top off slightly and went into my room to grab the amp.

It was the same amp that John Deacon from Queen used.

He called it the AC/DEAKY.

I carried it out to the living room and set it down in front of the couch.

I carefully unlocked the bass case and pulled it out then grabbed the patch cord wrapped around the neck and plugged it into the amp.

I plugged the other end of the patch chord into the bottom of my bass and started tuning it.

Ben looked quite amazed by the fact I can play an instrument.

Honestly it amazed me too.

Once I was done tuning it I started playing 'Back Chat' by Queen.

Once I finished my song I leaned the bass on the arm of the couch and sat back slightly.

"I didn't know you could play" Ben said with amazement still lingering in his voice

~~~

Ben and I talked for hours until I looked at the clock.

10:36 PM

Damn it was late but I'm not arguing.

I watched as Ben looked over at the clock too.

He grabbed his jacket off the couch and stood up.

"It's late, I think I should get going now" he said while looking at me

I wasn't having any of this.

I didn't want him to leave.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back down to the couch and we both laughed.

Ben clearly wasn't objecting to me wanting him to stay.

~~~

12:07 AM

I was laying across Ben's lap, struggling to stay awake.

I sat up and yawned, I looked over at Ben who had his eyes closed and was snoring quietly.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Ben" I whispered, no response

"Ben" I repeated myself and this time I tapped his shoulder.

He opened his eyes and looked at me then rolled his eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

"I'm going to bed, Ben" I said quietly, he just nodded.

I started walking off to my room until I heard Ben stand up and groan.

I assumed he was just following me to my room which I didn't really mind.

~~~

I grabbed my pajamas out of my dresser and slipped them on quickly while Ben was in the bathroom and crawled under the covers.

Ben soon came back from the bathroom and laid next to me.

I rolled over on my side and moved closer to him.

He wrapped his arms around my small frame and I cuddled into his chest.

"Goodnight Ben"

"Goodnight Joey"

That was kinda bad but I didn't have many ideas for this chapter also THANK YOU FOR 500 READS
Ok, thanks for reading loveys
Harrison🌹