Chapter 34: Independence Day Part 3

Previously

Speedy: Guess they were right about you three. Your not ready.

With that said he walks out of the library. All we could do was watch.

Now

I can't believe he just walked out. I know what the adults did wasn't fare, but he just left his friends. He left me.

Before we could do anything the alarm blares and Dad is on the screen.

Dad: Superman to Justice League. There has been an explosion at Project Cadmus. Its on fire.

The Leaguers get closer to the big computer.

Batman: I've had my suspicions about Cadmus. This may present the perfect opportunity to in-

Another alarm sounds.

Zatara: Zatara to Justice League.

My magician friend's dad pops in a smaller screen.

Zartara: The sorcerer Wotan is using the Amulet of Attan to blot out the sun. Requesting full League response.

Me: Oh gods, All hands on deck. Apollo is going to throw a fit.

B-man glares at me while the boys snicker.

Me: What? Its true.

The dark night ignores me. Rude.

Batman: Superman?

Dad: Its a small fire. Local authorities have it under control, And Percy.

Me: Yeah?

Dad: Be good.

Me: When am I not?

Everyone looks at me. Including Zatara.

Me: Don't answer that.

Batman clears his throat.

Batman: Cadmus can wait.

He presses a key on the keyboard.

Batman: All Leaguers rendezvous at Zatara's coordinates. Batman out.

We step towards our mentors. I think I can call them my mentors. I mean they have been training me since forever. Even before camp and the island. I have learned things from everyone. We even tried archery. You can probably guess how that went. At first we couldn't figure out the problem. Now we we know why. Ahhh! Back on mission Percy!

Batman: Stay put.

Robin: What? Why?

Aquaman: This is a League mission.

Flash: Your not trained.

Kid Flash: Since when?

Flash: I meant your mot trained to work as a part of this team.

Aquaman: There will be other missions, when you're ready.

Me: When? When will they be ready? You won't know unless you take them on a mission.

Batman: Not this mission. For now stay put.

He glares at me to accent his point. I may not be an oracle but I know we won'y be staying put. All the adults start to leave.

Me: Don't be surprised if a hurricane blows in and destroys something.

They pay me no mind. I turn to the boys.

Me: They think I'm kidding.

They chuckle. When I came back from the dead I told Roy, Dick, and Wally about my water powers. Though they think I got them from the island I washed up on. Only Kal knows the truth. Someday the others will know the truth.

Red Tornado hesitates for a moment, then he too leaves. We are alone.

Kid Flash: When we're ready? How are we ever supposed to be ready when they treat us like, like sidekicks?

Aqualad: My mentor, my king, I thought he trusted me

Awww he looks like a kicked puppy. It breaks my heart. I wrap my arm around his shoulders in a side hug and put my head on his shoulder.

Me: Trust me he does.

Kid Flash: Really!? They don't even trust us with the basics! They've got a secret HQ in space!

He gestures to the ceiling. I let go of Kal.

Me: You've got me there. I don't know why they didn't tell you.

Aqualad: What else aren't they telling us?

Robin: I have a better question: why didn't we leave with Speedy?

The boys start to pout.

Me: I know why you stayed. You stayed because you all have a sense of loyalty. What Speedy did was childish and proves that he isn't ready for the big leagues. You are. Now lets figure out why Batman is suspicious of Cadmus.

Robin gives his evil smirk grin thing.

Robin: I can find out.

He goes to the computer. Instantly, he starts typing out codes, searching for information. The computer buzzes. It says access denied.

Robin: Wanna bet?

Moments later the files open.

Kid Flash: Whoa. How are you doing that?

Robin smiles and hits more keys.

Robin: Same system as the Batcave. Alright Project Cadmus. Genetics lab here in D.C. That's all there is, but if Batman is suspicious... maybe we should investigate?

Me: I'm in!

Kaldur smiles.

Aqualad: Solve their case before they do. It would be poetic justice.

Robin: Hey. They're all about justice.

Aqualad: But they said "Stay put".

Me: For the sun mission. Not this.

They all looked at me surprised.

Me: What? I'm not always a seaweed brain. So lets check out Cadmus.

Kid Flash: Wait. Are you going to Cadmus?

He points to me.

Kid Flash: Because if your going I'm going!

Robin: I'm coming too.

Aqualad: Just like that? We're a team on a mission?

Robin: We didn't come for a play date.

Aqualad: Alright, but Percy you stay here.

Me: Hades no! I'm coming!

Aqualad: Honestly, I don't know why I said that. But what will you wear.

Me: This is fine. I just need a mask.

Robin: I have an extra mask.

He hands me the black mask. So now my camp tank top, jean shorts, and black Nike have a mask to tie the look together. Plus my hair is down. I look at the boys.The boys look at me and smile.

Kid Flash: Is it just me or was she born to wear that mask.

Robin: I agree.

Aqualad: Like she was born to be a hero.

I shake my head.

Me: Lets go.