Chapter 19: I'm an Amazon

The Colosseum is a beautiful building. The Colosseum can hold all of the Amazons and there would still be seats left over. It's often used for tournaments and games. Today though it will be used as the place I become an Amazon.

Hippolyta and Diana lead me to the stage that was put in the middle of the stadium. The other woman start to cheer when they see me.

Hippolyta: I have gathered you here today for an once and a life time experience!

The great queen pauses. The Amazons cheer.

Hippolyta: Persephone Andromeda Jackson, better known as Percy, has joined our ranks as an Amazon!

The Amazons cheer louder than they did before. I hear whistles and clapping. I can't help but smile.

Hippolyta: Percy's strength, speed, agility, and reflexes have slowly gotten better. Now they are at our highest level!

Now that I think about it, on my last quest it was easier than normal. Like holding the sky. It wasn't as hard for me as it was for Anthony. And Riptide. Riptide became heaver then normal, and it was suppose to be so heavy that I couldn't wield it. But I could. I was just a little slower then usual. But that was Ares fault. He cursed my sword because I beat him when I was 12. It's not my fault that bonehead of a god decided to fight me on the beach, and I was in the water. Now he is going to be one of my patron gods. That's gonna be weird. Am I getting off track? Yeah. Okay back to Hippolyta.

She has the biggest and brightest smile on her face. Pride is coming of of her in waves. I've never seen her so happy.

Hippolyta: Like Diana, Percy will walk among the people of the outside world. So it is my duty, honor, and pleasure as your queen to present Percy with her gauntlets.

Alexis comes out with a velvet pillow with two bracelets.

Hippolyta takes the bracelets in her hands and raises them in the air to show them off to my new sisters

Hippoyta: They may look like regular bracelets. They are far from it. Made from the same materials as our gauntlets and forged be Hephaestus himself, gifted to her by her father, enchanted liker Riptide, Tidelwave, and her shield, to be able to hide in the world of man. Until they are brought together. Then they become Amazonian gauntlets.

She brings her arms down and walks over to me. She looks me in the eye, and addresses only me.

  Hippolyta: Once you put these on they will be like our gauntlets. They won't come off. For me and my sisters, not including Diana, these gauntlets are a reminder of our time as prisoners and objects. A reminder of our weakest moment. But for you, if you except, it will be a symbol of you new status. They will be a symbol of your greatest triumph. 

Me: I except. I want to be an Amazon.

Hippolyta smiles. She takes my hands and puts the bracelets on my wrist. The great queen addresses everyone once again.

Hippolyta: To make it official Percy must bring the bracelets together to form her gauntlets.

She nods at me. I bring my wrist together in an X shape. I then tap the bracelets. A bright light shines. I feel my bracelets grow until they are my new Amazonian gauntlets.

The Amazons go crazy. Diana walks over.

Diana: Mother, its time I get Percy home.

Hipplyta: It is time Percy goes back to the world of man, but she will go back as an Amazon!

The Amazons cheer one more time. Diana, Hippolyta and I walk back to the palace so I can change back into my camp tank-top, jean shorts, and sandals.

Time Skip to Back Home

Diana just dropped me off at my apartment. We said our goodbyes and I walked through the door. I see Dad on the couch in his Superman clothes. I guess he just got home.

Me: Hey Dad. You just get home?

I go over and sit down next to him. Dad pulls me closer to him and kisses my head.

Dad: Yeah.

Me: Who was it this time?

Dad: Toyman. How was training?

Me: He's creepy. Training was good. I beat Artemis, Antiope and her girls. Oh! And I'm am Amazon now!

Dad: That's good honey. Wait. Your an Amazon!?!

I tell Dad everything. Once my story is done, with me getting off track a few times, Dad gives me a bone crushing hug. Not literally.

Dad: I'm so proud Percy. This calls for a celebration. How does Big Belly Burger sound?

Me: The one in Central City?

Dad nods his head with a smile on his face.

Me: Then yes. But you might want to change first.

Dad super speeds to his room and comes back in seconds in causal clothes.

Dad: Ready.

Dad comes over, picks me up, and we are off to Big Belly Burger in Central City.

A/n: Sorry I took so long to update. Volleyball has been kicking my butt. Three games every week, and most the time they are away. So sorry again. Also I am running low on per-written chapters so I'm working on that. Hopefully that doesn't take too long. Nothing else I finishes the chapter I'm writing and start another. Don't forget to vote for the chapter and future boyfriends. I love you Tinkermyets.