28 | "i love you"

A groan left his lips as his fingers fumbled with the bow tie that was left hanging around his neck, a bit crinkled at the ends from all his failed attempts. He was never the best at forming the strip of material into a knot letting the rest of the fabric lay perfectly on his chest. So why he decided to form a bowtie would be a lot easier was beyond him. After a few more failed attempts, Miles decided enough was enough and threw the strip of fabric on his bed, undoing the few buttons on his white shirt just for a tiny bit of his chest to peek through.

Glancing one last time before he went out to pick up the girl of dreams. Miles really took the time to look at himself in the mirror, trying to make sure he looked his absolute best. His eyes not once faltering away from his own face.

In all, he looked pretty much the same.

The tiny scars scattered across one side of his face were still there. It was just the skin underneath them that appeared rosier on both sides of his face.

His right eyebrow that was split in half from a permanent scar was still there, but it was his brown pupils that caught his attention. They were bright, dancing with every bit of happiness he felt.

His eyes traveled down to where a lopsided grin appeared as his mind wandered off to the images of a pretty, petite, crystal-blue eyed girl that had stolen his heart the second her angelic voice made it into his ears.

Maybe he did look different. Different enough to resemble lovesick puppy, but Miles didn't care.

He knew his feelings were intense when they had started talking over the phone, and they intensified when he first laid his eyes on her. But, today, and every other day for the past three months, they had intensified by ten-folds and were beyond powerful. There was no holding back in the way he felt. All the emotions, feelings and everything related to Kenzie needed to be let out into the open, with just three words and eight letters, that had been right at the tip of his tongue for long.

Miles had loved Kenzie for so long, but the difference between the way he felt now and then was that he was in love with Kenzie.

So, in love with her.

He took a deep a breathe, the smile never once leaving from his face. He only had one thing in his mind as he grabbed his suit coat and made his way downstairs in a rush to pick up the love of his life.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Miles was sure he hadn't seen anything more beautiful in his life.

He had entered the Collins household ready to sweep Kenzie off her feet and take her to spring formal. But, was happily welcomed in by a very hyper three-legged pup that couldn't quite keep his paws and sloppy kisses off of him.

With the company of the playful puppy and light conversations he held with Lainey and Wesley time seemed to slip as he waited patiently for his girl. It was in the middle of his sentence that Miles came to a halt, seeing something sparkle in the corner of his eye.

He turned his head slowly in the direction of the gleaming fabric when his breath caught in his throat. His eyes widened, his jaw dropped to the floor, and the sight in front of him forever rendering him speechless.

Gosh, she was beautiful.

So, damn beautiful.

Kenzie, his girl, girlfriend, his other half, the love of life stood there on top of the stairs in the most stunning navy blue dress that made her crystal blue eyes stand out more than he had ever imagined possible.

His eyes scanned over her, wanting to imprint this beauty in his mind forever. He took in the way her thin strap decorating her shoulder fell just as she shifted on her feet, her collarbone standing out. He immediately found Kenzie's eyes staring right at him, just as she pulled her strap back up.