21 | "you're cute"

"You know what's funny," Miles asked. Amazed by how small the world was. He had heard of the saying before, but never really realized what the saying truly meant until he met Kenzie.

"What?" Kenzie questioned, and Miles couldn't help the way his lips tugged upwards forming a giddy smile as images of Kenzie made its way into his head. He loved how she wasn't just a mystery person with a blank face in his mind anymore, but there was an actual picture of a gorgeous girl with the most beautiful smile as he continued to talk to her.

"I can't believe you know my Nonno and Nonna."

"And, I still can't believe you're Papa Leo and Mama Dolce's mischievous grandson."

"I'm not mischievous, the opposite, in fact."

"Hmm...not from the stories I've heard."

"They've told you stories about me?" Miles asked in disbelief

"Yessss." Kenzie giggled filling Miles ears with the most beautiful sound of music. "A little too many."

"Wha...What story was your favorite." Miles tried, hoping Kenzie would make a slip-up.

"My favorite story was..."

"Stop being mysterious and just spill it Kenzie." Miles groaned as all of his most embarrassing life moments replayed in his head.

"It was the time when you were begging to find out what precious secrets a girl you'd only just met knew about you." Kenzie continued to giggle.

"Come on Kenzie!"

"Nice try Miles."

"Pleaaase."

"Nope, just know I know way too many things about you Miles."

"You know, you're not helping the situation."

"I know!" Kenzie cheerily replied.

There was a small silence between the two, a comfortable silence that had Miles' mind filled with the thoughts and images of when they could meet next because, in reality, he was dying to see Kenzie again, even though only two days had passed since their very first meet up. Just when Miles was about to ask, a delicate voice, as soft as silk beat him to it.

"Hey Miles."

"Yes, Kenzie."

"I really enjoyed our meet up the other day, it still feels surreal."

"You mean like a dream." Miles couldn't help but say, imagining her cheeks turning a berry pink hue.

"Miiiles.." Kenzie murmured.

"Heyy...I'm just saying what you said." Miles smiled.

"Yes, Miles. It feels like a dream, meeting you in person, I still can't believe it."

"Sooo.."

"Whaaaat...?" Kenzie replied and Miles could hear the smile in her voice.

"When do you want to see each other again?"

"Soon Miles, soon."

"I like the sound of that."

"Good."

"Soooo...there's something I've been dying to ask."

"What?"

"Does my voice sound sexier in person?"