•bittersweet•

It was not a good day to say the least. No, scratch that, make it not a good week.

Artemis cuddled up even closer to you as you threw another tissue to the floor to join the colony of tissues that had been slowly growing over the course of the day. How were you going to get through this if you can't even listen to Minhyuk's cassette without tears falling down your cheeks? You can't tell if it was a blessing or a curse that they let you keep his box after they took him away. A sanctuary of bittersweet memories.

 A sanctuary of bittersweet memories

~~~

It was a day like any other. Minhyuk has taken it upon himself to go down to the shop not far from your apartment to get some snacks for this big 'movie night' he was planning. It made you snigger to yourself just at the thought of it. Somehow, whenever Minhyuk plans something, no matter what it is, something always manages to go wrong. You couldn't not even begin to fathom what the events of the day would hold..

"I'M HOOOMMMMEEEEEE"

oh boy.

"I BRING SNACKS AND..", he grins at you and just by the look on his face you can tell he's up to no good, "..mY LOooOooOooOoVE !!"

He throws the snacks into the table and practically leaps towards you like an animal as you screech and scurry to the corner of the sofa and cover your face with your hands. However, your efforts aren't enough to stop him from grabbing your face and showing you in kisses.

You burst out laughing and try and pull his hands away from your face. Next thing you know, the whole room is upside down.

"minhYUK !!" This boy threw you into his shoulder and started prancing around the house while laughing so hard you could feel his back vibrating as you held on for dear life.

"ARTEMIS HELP ME PLEASE HELP"

Artemis sat there watching the whole scene unfold, not even flinching when Minhyuk flipped you upright while returning you to the sofa triggering you to squeal for the last time. Minhyuk flopped down beside you, exhaling a hugeee sighhh. You watched his chest rise and fall, trying to recover. Sometimes you do wonder to yourself if Minhyuk was actually human. All his mannerisms and characteristics were pretty human-like so maybe he wasn't a robot after all.

Minhyuk turned his head towards you while smiling at you tiredly and whispered, "(y/n), I lo-".

"Hyukkie?" You asked with a tint of concern coating his nickname. "What's wrong?"

He was frozen. Not moving. Still.

Your breathing quickened as you sat up and took his stiff body in your arms. Gently shaking him and stroking his face, you watched a tear drop fall onto his cheek as you prayed for a response of any kind. There was no heartbeat. There was no breathing. But then again was it ever a real heartbeat or real breathing or was it just another additional feature to make him seem more lifelike?

You stayed like this for a while, confused at what step to take next. You couldn't take him to the hospital because they'd take him away for experimentation. You couldn't tell Hazel because she never knew he wasn't human. He came to you in a box for crying out loud, this boy is a mystery. In a box. Box.

"Artemis, look after him for a bit, alright? I really need your help this time." You said with a certain determination in your voice as you gently laid him down on the sofa. You broke into a light jog towards Hazels old room, dipping down to pet Artemis on the way.

You burst into the room and quickly located the box, opening it frantically. "Please, please, please, please, please..", you mumbled to yourself anxiously as you rummaged through the pink packing peanuts desperately looking for anything that could tell you what you should do.

"YES !!" You exclaimed victoriously, holding up the pink piece of card. You remembered it sitting on Minhyuk's chest when he first arrived. The memory makes you briefly draw the note up towards your own chest.

"Ok, ok, focus, Hyukkie needs you."

You bring the piece of paper towards your face and examined it closely. You flip it over and a phone number is revealed. You immediately reach for your phone and dial the number after taking a nervous glance in Minhyuk's direction.

~~~

And so here you are now, crying you're eyes out a few days after the took Minhyuk away. Two guys showed up at he door within the hour of calling the number you found. They put Minhyuk back in his box, like you found him, and left with him.

You were taken aback when they explained that he was supposed to turn off a fortnight after being activated but somehow stayed on by overriding the program. They said they head something about the Minhyuk using his own will to break past the instructions given to him. However, they also mentioned the company upgraded their system so it's stronger meaning the robots have to be more compliant, meaning Minhyuk was forced to obey the system.

You didn't cry for the first day. You were just suspended in confusion and filled with unanswered questions. They're all spilling out though in the form of tears. Sad tears. Sad to see him go so suddenly. Happy tears. Happy and grateful that he spent just over a year with you. His smile is etched into your memory and in turn you crack a small grin. He would want you to be happy.

You glance over towards the table and see the plastic bag filled with snacks still sitting there from a few days ago. Making your way over to the bag, rummaging through it, you decide to take the whole bag back to the sofa, Artemis returning to your lap.

"We never did get to watch that movie, Artemis.."

===

===

GUESS WHOS BACK BINCHES???

i'm not going to sit here and make excuses for being lazy so my sincerest apologies for not getting off my fat ass sooner :))))

well i am so so so thankful for everyone who reads this book <33

i don't really intend on starting another one but if anyone wants me to, just say and i probably will :>>

also sorry but i'm a sucker for bittersweet endings

OKIE ILY BYE