Year six holiday

Hermione's sixth year at Hogwarts went without a hitch, which was unexpected but wonderful. Hermione and Severus had started acting like a married couple and Minerva managed to keep up her duties much easier with Alan back, she even spent her weekends relaxing with her family, meaning that Hermione and Severus too were relaxing at the weekends instead of working as hard as humanly possible. Now, the summer was upon them and the four of them were all sat in the living room of McGonagall Manor talking of their plans for the summer.

"Severus and I plan to spend some time in Paris."

"That's sounds like a great idea."

Severus and Hermione nodded and Minerva excused herself. Hermione and Alan watched her walk off before turning to each other.

"Are you going to take Mom away for a while?"

"I was thinking of taking her to Italy. She's never been to Italy before."

"I'm sure she'll love it."

Alan nodded and a crash from the kitchen brought everyone to their feet. Minerva was leaning against the counter, a smashed plate on the floor in front of her feet. Alan rushed to her side and brought her to him.

"What happened love?"

"Nothing, it just slipped." He hands were shaking.

"You're just tired love."

Minerva nodded. "I'll head on up to bed."

Alan kissed her temple and she headed up. Alan waved his hand and the plate repaired itself and went back to its place in the cupboard.

"I'm going to go and lay with your mother."

Hermione nodded. "Look after her Dad. I'll come and say goodbye before we leave for Paris."

"She'll like that."

"I know."

Alan kissed his daughter on the cheek and headed for the bedroom to hold his wife. Hermione turned and Severus brought her into his arms. He rubbed small circles on her back, reassuring her that everything was okay. He pressed a kiss to her crown and Hermione sighed and closed her eyes.

"When can we go to Paris?"

"We'll pack tonight and leave in the morning."

"Okay."

~0~0~

Hermione passed her shrunken case to Severus and went over to her mother who was sat at the desk in the study doing some research.

"Mom," she whispered.

"Morning sweetheart. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. How are you feeling?"

"Better after a good night of sleep."

Hermione nodded. "I'm glad Dad's here to look after you."

"So am I love."

Hermione went behind her desk and draped her arms around her shoulders and kissed her crown. "You need to relax more mother."

"I know."

"Severus and I are heading off to Paris once I've said goodbye."

"Okay."

"I want you to do me a favour." She waited for her mother's nod before carrying on. "I want you to make love to Dad until you collapse with exhaustion."

Minerva turned red and put her face into her hands and sighed, "Hermione."

"It's not like I don't know you both do it, Mom."