Year Five B

The months 'till the O.W.L.s flew by without a single hitch; Hermione had started to talk to her father every now and then and she grew every closer to her love while fixing things with her mother and becoming closer to her; Minerva was spending as much time as she could with her daughter, trying to make her feel secure; Severus was working pretty much non-stop as the Toad was trying to pull him away from Hermione. She may not have any proof, but she knew something weird was going on, and she wanted Severus for herself.

By the end of the first week of the exams, Hermione had already taken all but two of her exams and she was so glad that was the case. She walked into her mother's private chamber and tiredly sat down next to her.

"Hello Kitten, you okay?"

"I'm fine Mom, a little tired though."

"Got anything else to do today?"

Hermione shook her head. "I was kind of hoping to go and see Severus, but the Toad's with him again."

Minerva brought her daughter into a hug. "Don't worry she won't be here much longer."

"How do you know?"

"Because I've been helping the Weasley twins out."

"You can be a trouble maker." Hermione chuckled.

"What exams have you got left?"

"Potions tomorrow and Astronomy the day after."

"You'll be fine."

Hermione nodded. "I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll manage."

"Why don't you go and get some sleep and I'll get hold of Severus. See if he can come up and see you."

"Or I can go down there."

Minerva nodded. "I'm glad you're feeling better, Kitten."

"Me too Mom." With one last hug, Hermione went to try and get some sleep. She had grown used to having Severus hold her through the night and she wasn't sleeping too good on her own. For almost two weeks she has been sleeping on her own and she hated it, she often thought of sneaking down, but thought better of it when she realised the Toad was spending way too much time with her love.

Later that day Hermione awoke and silently walked into the living room and was shocked to see Severus sat with his head in his hands. She quickly walked over to his and knelt in front of him.

"Love?"

"Mia," he whispered.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing important."

"Don't be stupid, of course it's important."

Severus shook his head. "Minerva's asked me not to tell you."

"To hell with my mother, what's wrong?"

"Dolores has said that unless I get with her then, I'll lose my job."

Hermione shook her head. "What are we going to do?"

"Carry on as we are. Minerva has gone to sort it out with Albus."

Hermione nodded and sat herself next to him and he brought her into his arms. He pressed a kiss to her crown and whispered in her ear, "I'm always going to be with you."

Hermione smiled and closed her eyes. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too."

Hermione looked up and smiled slightly before bringing his head down to hers and pressing their lips together. It quickly turned heavy and Severus' hands started to wonder. They were pulled from their kiss when they heard the portrait door start to open. Hermione blushed and snuggled into his side and he held her close as Minerva came into the room.