Year five A

Quick authors note!

Fifth year will be split into parts because otherwise it'll be way too long.

😊 enjoy 😊

"Where are we going Mom?"

"You'll see."

"Please tell me."

"Headquarters."

Hermione nodded not understanding. She could tell her mother was worried so she went without any more fuss. She followed her mother into a narrow hallway. She cringed and started to shake slightly when she heard a group of Gryffindors shouting upstairs.

"Is Severus here, Mom?" Hermione asked in a whisper.

"He should be in the living room." Minerva pointed out a door as she passed it and Hermione entered.

Severus was stood in front of the fire place and after locked and silencing the room, Hermione wrapped her arms around his waist. He turned and pulled her close.

"Are you okay, Sev?" Hermione asked, worried.

"I'm fine." Hermione looked up at his knowingly and he changed his mind. "I'm tired," he admitted quietly.

Hermione leaned forward and rested her head on his chest and Severus rested his head on hers.

"I'm here Sev," Hermione whispered.

"I'm here Mia," Severus whispered back.

The pair stood there holding each other for what felt like hours before Minerva managed to break into the room.

"You're needed in the kitchen Severus."

"What about me?"

"You can stay here."

"Why?" Hermione asked. "I want to stay with Severus. I haven't seen him for the whole of the summer."

"I know Kitten, but this is a school meeting."

"Then put a silencing bubble around me." Hermione pleaded.

Minerva gave in when her daughter's eyes filled with tears. "Fine," she sighed.

"Thank you," Hermione whispered and hugged her mother briefly before going back to Severus' side.

In the kitchen Hermione sat next to Severus and placed a hand on his thigh. Severus put his hands in his lap and entwined their fingers together. Hermione couldn't hear a word of what was being said, but she could tell by the faces of the people sat around the table that they weren't very happy about what Dumbledore was telling them. She squeezed his hand when she started to feel the anger come of him. Hermione wanted nothing more than to hear what was being said so that she could comfort her love. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of Severus next to her.

"Hermione, wake up Kitten."

"Leave her be, Minerva," Severus sighed.

"No need, I'm awake." Hermione whispered sleepily. Hermione opened her eyes slightly and was glad that she found she was in Severus' lap in a comfy chair in the library in front of the fireplace which held a blazing fire. After stretching, Hermione looked up at her mother. "Why'd you wake me Mom?"

"This came for you." Minerva handed her daughter a letter

"Hogwarts?" Minerva nodded and Hermione shrugged. She carefully broke the seal and looked up at Severus who just smiled at her. Her eyes darted quickly over the parchment, her eyes lit up as she read and once she had finished she looked up at her mother. "You knew about this?"