Year 5 holiday

Hermione was already at McGonagall manor when Severus arrived, having been delayed by Albus by more than half an hour. She was curled up on the sofa in front of the roaring fire, her nose in a muggle fiction book, one of the new ones she had found in her mothers collection. Her eyes moved rapidly over the page and Severus stood and watched her as she read, completely immersed in the novel. Hermione sensed someone behind her and quickly brought herself out of her novel.

"Hello my darling," Severus whispered.

"Severus!" Hermione all but flew out of the chair and into Severus' arms.

Severus held her close and Hermione rested her head on his chest. After a few minutes, she looked up and smiled. He smiled back before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. Hermione deepened it and it soon became heated. When they broke apart for air, Severus was frustrated and Hermione was hot and bothered. There was this feeling in her lower stomach that she had the urge to get rid of. She knew when she needed to sate herself and this was one of those time, only, she wished that the strong man holding her could do it instead. After taking a few deep breaths, Hermione and Severus sat down on the sofa. Hermione was curled into his side and Severus had one arm around her waist while his free hand entwined with hers.

"Why are you here?"

"Your mother asked for me to spend the summer here with you both."

"Why didn't she tell me? Why didn't you tell me?"

"She wanted it to be a surprise and she asked me not to tell you."

"Well it was a surprise." Hermione pecked his lips. "A very welcome surprise."

Severus smirked at her. "I'm glad."

They sat like that in silence, exchanging kisses and caresses until Minerva came to show Severus to his room.

"But Mom!"

"No buts, if you pair continue to behave for two weeks, and then you may go back to the original plan."

Hermione rolled her eyes but nodded. She could but hope that he was in the room next to hers.

~0~0~

The next morning came around quickly. Hermione hadn't slept much that night and wasn't feeling too well. Severus was the last one to go down to the kitchen/dining room as both Minerva and Hermione awoke with the sun. Hermione was sat at the table nursing a strong cup of tea; her breakfast was untouched in front of her. Minerva was sat next to her, her empty plate was in the middle of the table and her hands were wrapped around a steaming mug of tea. Severus sat on the other side of Hermione and reached for on of her hands, which Hermione gladly gave to him. He made soothing circles on her hand while waiting for his food to be brought in by the house elves.

"Darling," Severus whispered. "Are you okay?"

Hermione nodded. "Just tired; didn't sleep too well last night is all."

Severus squeezed her hand before letting go gently to eat his breakfast. Hermione looked at the two of them and smiled.

"What do you two want to do today?"

Hermione shrugged. "Was thinking of doing some writing."

"I was hoping Hermione would help me brew your potion today, but I don't want her to feel more unwell."

Minerva nodded. "Mind if I join you in the library today Hermione?"

She shook her head, stood and went for the library.

"How is she Minerva?"

"She's not very well. I don't think she got any sleep last night. She was down here before me and I wake up with the sun. Have done for as long as I can remember."