𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦

I knocked gently on Jungkook's door. As far as I knew, none of us have ever tried to have a conversation with someone that wasn't just yelling. The sound of a gentle knock was unfamiliar and out of place in the house, because the last time I heard a knock in the house was from Taehyung banging on Yoongi's door, which was followed by unclear yelling from both of them.

I don't know how I still had hope in any of them. Maybe I was the hope. The fact that I had changed must be enough for me to expect them to change too.

"I swear to god― go away," growled a voice from behind the door.

If any one of them would try to talk to me, it would be Jungkook.

I put my head close to the door and sighed softly. We had no other form of communication with each other except for arguing. Trying to change that would be extremely difficult.

"Jungkook, it's me," I spoke softly. It was possible that he couldn't hear me through the thick wood of the door.

"Doesn't matter who you are. Fuck off, Jimin." Or maybe he couldn't hear me through the thick bone of his skull, I thought, annoyed.

I shook my head. I had to stop my bad habits. I couldn't keep getting so bothered by Jungkook or any of them. I took a few deep breaths and my annoyance faded.

"I need to talk to you," I said.

There was silence and then I heard loud stomping from the inside of his room, coming closer and closer to the door until he swung it open. Luckily for me, it turned inwards and not outwards, so it didn't hit me in the face.

I flinched as the door made a banging sound as it hit the wall. I looked at Jungkook's bare feet and then slowly and carefully, drew my gaze upward until I met his eyes.

He looked rather normal. Some of us stopped taking as much care of ourselves and looked messy, but Jungkook looked like his old self. He wore all black and his hair was neatly parted on the side. His skin was clear, so he must've been taking care of it. I looked closer at his face. Other than a look of annoyance, his face showed that he was tired. His eyes had bags under them and were dull, not portraying any particular emotion.

When he looked at me, his expression changed. His eyes grew bigger and he looked surprised. Then it hardened back into cold annoyance again. I wasn't sure what he saw when he looked at me. Maybe he noticed I wasn't angry at him at all. Maybe my face was desperate or even a little bit sad upon seeing him. I didn't know. I didn't have a mirror on me.

"What do you want?" he asked. He didn't sound hostile, just. . . cold. "Can you leave already?"

I shook my head. "Jungkook, please. I have something important to say," I begged gently. I hoped that he would listen.

Jungkook stared at me for a moment longer. He let out a heavy sigh and stepped back, gesturing for me to come into his room.

I walked inside gratefully and he shut the door behind me. Looking around his room, I could clearly spot differences, although there weren't many. I hadn't been inside his room in. . . I wasn't sure how long. It had to have been at least a month. I had lost track of time. It was all a blur. All the events before and even now were mixed up in my head.

I noticed that all the pictures of us together that used to be on display all around his room had been taken down. They were in a pile face-down on the floor in the corner. Only one picture remained, and it had been moved. It was of all of us, but Jungkook must've edited it and reprinted it because all of our faces were blurred, even his own. Even still, I knew exactly when the picture had been taken. It was during the most beautiful moment of our lives. It was when we had gone to the beach together. That was the last time we went to the beach together.

"Hey! Take our picture please?" Jungkook ran up to someone and handed them his professional camera. "Just press this button here."

He came running back and was greeted by Taehyung with a tight hug and a tap under his chin. Taehyung was met with an elbow to the chest from Jungkook so he'd let go.

We all squirmed around, pushing each other until we were all satisfied with where we were placed. We turned towards the camera and grinned. Right before the picture was captured, Seokjin whispered something and we all started laughing uncontrollably.

With a flash and a snap from the camera, our most beautiful moment was captured forever. A moment where we were all perfectly happy right where we were.

It made me sad thinking about how happy we were then.

Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of my face and I snapped out of it, blinking and bringing my attention back to him. "Well?" he questioned. "What did you want to say?"

I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." I braced myself for what he was going to say. Even if he happened to forgive me, I wasn't sure what I'd do. I didn't have a plan.

"You're what?"

I knew the words probably sounded strange to him. None of us had spoken them in a long time.

"You're sorry?" I could hear the anger growing in his voice.

"You fucking scared me, Jimin. I thought you were going to die. You expect me to forgive you for pulling a trick on me like that? Was it funny? Am I laughing?" he growled.

"Die? What?" I stared at him, shocked and confused. What was he talking about?

"What? Have you forgotten?" He was glaring daggers into me. It sure felt like daggers. Cold, cold daggers digging into my skin. I felt anxious.

"I got a text from Namjoon months ago saying you told him you were going to jump off a bridge! What a funny prank, Jimin."

I was shocked. "B-but I never told anyone about that! H-he couldn't have found out that I was―"

I slapped my hand over my mouth.

Fuck.

────── {⋅. ✄ .⋅} ────── 

I really don't have anything to say about this chapter except for how I love it so much. Thank you for reading this! Sugainataecup, thank you especially for supporting this story so much! I love you so much for being my #1 fan! Go check out her profile if you want to read some great fanfictions! Thank you! I hope you're excited for the next chapter! I sure am!