Chapter 7

Roman

Two weeks had passed since the monstrosity that was Roman trying to tell Patton how he felt. Every Wednesday Patton and Virgil were getting closer. At one point Patton had even confided in him that he wanted Virgil to join their friend group.

"He's just a sweet and sour misunderstood shadowling! Once you get past the edginess he's really sweet!" Patton had begged him.

"Well... I don't know." Roman had responded. He'd wanted to scream at Virgil, tell him to stay away from Patton. Instead he just watched from the sidelines. Now Patton was spending time with Virgil of all people. He was insanely jealous, but there was nothing he could do that wouldn't hurt Patton.

It was hopeless. Roman had never felt like this before. He was so... unsure of everything. This felt so different! There was no physical thing to fight, it was all feelings, and he wasn't exactly GOOD at those. Ironically, that was Patton's speciality, and it wasn't exactly like he could ask HIM to help- he was the problem.

There was only one way that he could attempt to solve this.

------------------

"Why do you need to go to Virgil Mason's locker?" Logan asked, "I thought Patton was the one working with him."

"I... I just need to talk to him." Roman answered. Logan knew where Virgil's locker was, and Roman didn't feel like following him. The emo seemed to sense when people were following him, and he'd somehow disappear.

"Alright. I shall show you the way." Logan started walking off, and Roman immediately followed.

"Well, here it is. Do you need me to stay?" Logan said shortly upon arriving at the locker.

Quickly, Roman answered. "Nah, that's ok. Thanks though."

"Alright." Logan walked off, leaving Roman to anxiously await Virgil's arrival.

No sooner had Logan left than Virgil showed up. When he spotted Roman, he saw a flurry of emotions cross the emo's face; disgust, anger, confusion and a few more.

"What are YOU doing here?" Virgil sneered, not even bothering to hide the absolute disgust in his tone.

"S... Stay away from Patton, you hear me? He doesn't need you ruining his life like you ruined mine." Roman spat back.

"I'm not ruining his life! I'm only working together with him. Just because you're a jealous brat doesn't mean you need to stop me from completing my work!" Virgil yelled, clearly offended.

'How DARE he! Calling ME a brat!' Roman thought. All the emotions bottled up inside him escaped. Rage, jealousy, hatred, loathing, repulsion, they all came loose. Roman couldn't control himself. Shaking with anger, he let his emotions engulf him.

He threw a punch right at Virgil's mouth. His fist made contact, but Roman didn't feel any pain- just the adrenaline pumping inside of him. Virgil gasped in both pain and shock- Roman had clearly surprised him. He threw more punches and saw Virgil's body slump to the ground.

Roman finally came to his senses. Looking at the unconscious emo under him, Roman was in shock of what he'd done. So he did the only thing that seemed logical to him.

He turned and ran.

A/N

So, that's all the chapters I'm going to publish today! :D

We're slowly coming towards the climax of the story, and the length of the chapters are going increasing :D. I don't know about you, but I like to have a long chapter to read soooo...

Yee. Adios, amigos! 

*throws hat*