Chapter 3

Virgil

"Patton? Patton?! Of all people I'm working with Patton?! Are you serious?! Why did I have to speak out! Oh no... everyone's going to be silently judging me" Virgil thought as he saw Patton walk towards him.

"Hi, I'm Patton. Remember me? We sort of ran into each other the other d-" Patton started, but Virgil interrupted him.

"Yeah I know who you are." Virgil snapped.

'If I come across as distant, he won't want anything to do with me, meaning less embarrassment than I've already caused for myself.' He thought.

Whilst Ms. James continued explaining the task Virgil completely zoned out. Drowning in his thoughts, his breath started hitching.

He already hates you. Why do you even bother? You'll only make him hate you more.

He covered his ears. His heart was racing a thousand miles per second.

You're an outcast. You'll never be good enough for anyone. You'll only let them down.

Virgil's face was scrunched up in pain. He stood up. "Miss, can I go to bathroom?"

Ms. James looked up, "Sure, the pass is here."

He grabbed the pass and walked to the door. As soon as he was out of the room, Virgil bolted to the toilets. He raced into a cubicle, slammed the door shut and sank to the floor in a miserable heap of tears.

'At least this is one of the more bearable ones.' Virgil thought as he let his anxiety get the better of him.

------------------

When Virgil walked back into the class he was still glassy-eyed, but you'd only notice it if you looked closely. He'd redone his dark eyeliner, and was still shaking slightly. He made his way back to his seat next to Patton, and saw his partner looking at him with concerned look on his face.

"You alright kiddo?" Patton asked him.

"I'm fi-" Virgil was about to snap at him, but he stopped midway through his sentence. He didn't like it when people pitied him. But the look on Patton's face was different than any of the other's he'd seen before.

Patton really cared.

Maybe he didn't need to hate Patton. Just maybe.

ANOTHER AUTHOR'S NOTE! 

Alright, so Patton is stuck with Virgiiiiil *wInk woNk*

This is the only day that I'm really going to publish 3 chapters after each other. In the short timeframe of publishing them I've decided that I'm going to have an update schedule of a chapter every 4 days so that people have time to read the chapter and brainstorm over what could happen! I don't know if I'm the only one who does that, but *YEET*.

That's basically all I wanted to say.

If you're actually still here, thanks for reading this far. :D