Chapter Forty Nine

Start from the beginning

My eyes instantly dart up to meet hers as she stared at me, wide eyed and mouth slacked. A breath escapes her lips as her brown orbs remained frozen onto mine. "Baby?" She cocked her head to the side and I flinch back slightly whilst nodding.

"Oh my God!" She cooed, almost melting into the seat as she looked. "Areum, you're pregnant?" She asked aloud and I shushed her the moment I feel people throwing glances at us.

"You're the only person that knows so far." I said and she cups her own cheeks, almost squealing.

"Congratulations!" She lets out as she looked at me and I shook my head.

"You don't have to pretend to be happy, I know how you feel about the relationship." I let out bluntly, reaching for the fries but she smacked my arm, startling me.

"I am happy for you!" Nani defended herself. "If it makes you happy then I'm happy." She said and I paused at that statement and she catches that moment of pause. "You do want it, right?" She asked and for some reason I couldn't bring myself to answer the question.

"Areum," she probed.

"I want it." I nod to myself but she didn't seem too convinced. "I should want it, right?" I feel myself starting to get a little anxious, my nerves jumping as my fingers fiddled with each other. I feel a piercing pain in my temples the moment my mind started wandering.

Her eyes go back to almost popping out of it's sockets and I instantly retract my words. "Taehyung's excitement kinda overshadowed my own emotions, I guess? I didn't really get the chance to think of everything." I fidget with my sleeve, feeling physically uneasy with where this conversation was heading.

"Like the birthing part," she called it off the top of my head and I gulp a little. "Let's not go too far. Have you thought about how the pregnancy is going to affect you? Not just physically but mentally, and where that leaves you with school-" She started being the responsible person she was by listing out every single factor that I was dreading to face.

"Okay!" I cut her off, my heartbeat racing. I slump back into the seat and looked up to the ceiling as I rubbed the sides of my forehead, trying to alleviate the intensity of the migraine.

"But," she whispered, getting me to look at her. "You'll be bringing a life into this world." She looked at me with the most comforting smile playing on her lips. "You'll experience a love you've never imagined, and you will be starting a family with someone you love." Nani took my hand into hers.

"Everything will be worth it the moment you hold your little one in your hands." She assured me and I simply breathed out a sigh, my mind still a raging storm.

My phone chimed in that moment, pulling me out of my headspace. "Taehyung's here." I said as I got up, feeling slightly light headed. I leaned against the table, trying to gain my balance as Nani stood up in front of me, completely oblivious.

"I'm glad we talked things out today." She rushed towards me, pulling me into a hug. I chuckle, hugging her back right before pulling away. "And I'm really happy for you."

I beamed in response, my lips stretching into a wide smile. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I waved goodbye as I walked to the exit, trying to find Taehyung's car.

I noticed a line of cars behind Taehyung's, honking at him for being stationary. I jog my way up to his car, getting in and my vision gets blurred the moment I take a seat.

"Hey," Taehyung greeted, leaning in for a kiss but I bury my head into the palm of my hands.

"Give me a second," I breathed out, waiting for the dizzy spell to past.

"You okay?" His hand instantly reaches for my waist and in that moment, a car horn blasts and Taehyung clicks out of annoyance. "Oh, shut up!" Taehyung yelled out a little from his window, getting a faint shout back from the car behind him.

I chuckled, "you can drive." I peeked up to look at him.

"Are you sure?" He bent over, getting closer to me.

"Mmhmm," I hummed. "It's just the post-concussion syndrome thing Dr Song talked about." I brush it off, leaning into the seat of his car and he sighed.

"Maybe you should take a break from school until it gets better." Taehyung suggested as he started the car.

"I can't," I laughed a little, "I'm already so behind. Plus this could last for months." I massage my head, closing my eyes as I tried calming my mind.

"Do you think it's safe," he threw me a quick glance, "for the baby?" He questioned, a look of concern crossing his face and I couldn't help but chuckle at how worried he was.

"It's fine." I tapped his thigh, "don't worry."

"I'll just check with the obstetrician when we reach for your appointment." He nodded, his tone still serious and I laugh further.

"Okay," I smiled. "But he's going to say the same thing. There's nothing to worry about."

-unedited
so, I'm sorry if it's a little messy! I'll edit it when I have the time but I wanted to give an update because many of you have been requesting.

A/N: hi, I know it's been a while since I've updated, sorry. ): I'll try to update asap!