Chapter 14

*Tobias' POV*

As she kissed me, I tried to push her away but she held her place. No matter how hard I pushed, she wouldn't get off of me. I knew we had been kissing for at least 30 seconds and I needed it to stop. I gave one hard push and she let go. She nearly fell over backwards but caught herself right before she hit the floor. 

"Gabby! What was that for?" I yelled at her.

I had finally gotten everything figured out with Tris and she wasn't mad at me again. Now Gabby came in and ruined everything, all over again. She was the reason Tris and I were fighting in the first place. 

"I felt like I needed to. It just felt right. Didn't it?" She said, batting her eyelashes. 

"Uh, no. I'm in a relationship. You know that. Why would you do that?" I was still quite pissed at her. 

She just shrugged and reached for my hand. 

"Time for icecream now?" She asked innocently. 

"Get away from me. And stay away." I said as a opened the door to Tris' apartment. Luckily she hadn't locked it or that would have been awkward. 

"Tris?" I called out before seeing her lying on the bed. I wasn't sure at first if she had come in here or ran off while Gabby was all over me. 

I heard her sniffling with her face stuffed in the pillow. I put my hand on her back and started rubbing it. She tensed when I first touched her and then relaxed. 

"I don't know what that was. I'm really sorry for her. I never should have become friends with her. I wouln't have if I knew all this was gonna happen." I told her, keeping my voice low and soft. 

I saw her nod slightly and start to get up. Her eyes were slightly red and her hair was a little messed up but other than that she looked normal. She stared at me for a few seconds before leaning over and hugging me. I hugged her back just a tight and held on. 

Everything seemed perfect at this moment. The world around us had completely disappeared and we were alone. I could stay here, in this moment, forever. 

Tris pulled away a few minuted later and wiped her eyes. She smoothed her hair and then stood up. 

"So are we gonna go get icecream or not?" She asked putting her hand on her hip. I smiled up at her and stood up next to her. 

We walked to the icecream parlor very slowly, not caring how much time we wasted. Once we got there, I ordered both of our regulars and we sat down. Whenever we came, which was a lot, they made sure the table in the back was empty. We sat there every time because it was away from everything and everyone so we could be alone. 

It only took us a few minutes to finish our treats. After we were done, we threw out the garbage and headed for our favorite spot. The rocks by the chasm. 

It was one of the only places we could truly be alone- not like the table in the icecream parlor. I enjoyed spending most of my free time here, sometimes accompanied by Tris. The sound of rushing water calmed me and it took me away from the noise of the Compound. I could lay here forever and never want to leave. 

We talked a little bit about how our last few months had been going. We hadn't seen each other much since I was wasting my time with Gabby. Tris had also been getting used to being back here and gaining the last few memories she hadn't gotten. 

Now, her entire memory was back. She remembered every little detail or everything we had ever done. It was nice to have her back after not being near her for over 2 months. 

We walked back up the stone path to the top of the Pit and looked down. It was quite the sight to see. There were so many different people of different shapes and sizes. They all looked different in their own ways but they formed together at the same time. There were so many bright colors but most of them were just crazy hair dyes. 

I looked straight across to the other side and saw a strange man looking at us. Unlike the other around us, he was wearing a business suit. He looked very fancy and extremely out of place. Everybody else I saw was wearing different styles but nothing like the suit this man was. I noticed he was holding a gun, and it was pointed at someone. 

Us. 

I realized a little bit too late and I heard a bullet. It didn't hit anybody but all the sounds stopped. IT was dead silent until a deep voice came from the man. 

"Don't be afraid, people of Dauntless. We come bearing gifts. To everyone, a chance for another faction. We give you the opportunity to leave here. Forever. To go back to your old families. But only this once. If you accept this offer of ours, follow me now to the conference center." 

A few people scatter around the room started heading for the man. He was already halfway down the hallway and they started running to catch up. I was actually surprised by the number of people who stayed. I thought more people would want to leave. This Compound was horrible in some ways. There were gruesome things everywhere. Bad things happened. But I admired it. For all the good things. 

A few more people had made up their minds to follow the strange, suited man. I was glad Tris hadn't gone anywhere. I knew she missed her parents, even though she had seen them not too long ago. She also missed her brother. They hadn't seen each other, that I knew of, since the Choosing Ceremony. And that was almost 2 years ago. 

I motioned for Tris to follow me into the hallway leading to our apartment. I wanted to know what she though of this person, what she made out of the strange situation. 

"That man came out of nowhere though. I know he wasn't from here. But where was he from?" Tris said as we sat down on my bed. I shook my head. I had no idea about him. I know she was right about him not coming from here. I knew nearly every person in the Compound and he was not one of them. 

"Erudite, maybe? They're the only ones I can think of that dress that way. Or maybe Candor, with their whole black and white idea."

Tris nodded as I said that. It could be either of those places. But I was leaning more toward Erudite. I didn't think of Candor as people who had the kind of power to get into Dauntless, shoot a gun when people were around, and give a random opportunity like that. 

"Were you surprised by how many people went with him? I never thought that many people weren't happy here." Tris noted. 

"Yeah. But I understand where they're coming from. There are some terrible things here. But you grow to love it, I guess." 

We continued to try and figure out what the deal with that was. But in the end, we had no better explanation than when we started talking, 3 hours ago. 

Tris asked if she could just stay the night in my apartment because she was "too lazy to get up and go to her's". I agreed and we got into my bed. 

After a few minutes, I heard Tris's breathing even out. I fell asleep right after, into a night without dreams. 

[A/N- So I'm updating again to make up for the lack of updates lately. I may not be able to update again until next weekend because of the hell we call school.

We are doing a narrative essay in class about heroes so I have to spend most of my time on that. I'm also reading quite a lot to get to the 100 book goal by the end of the year. 

The Language Arts class I am in is really fun. I am actually learning a lot about new writing skills and tons of other things. I really hope I am putting the things I learn into my writing but I'm not sure. 

I really love you guys so much. Thank you for supporting me as I go through this story. I really appreciate this. I still can't believe we have gotten this far. 10,000 reads! Thanks you all for that!

Don't forget to keep on reading, commenting, and voting!

ily]