Chapter 12

*Tris' POV*

I thought I had really missed Dauntless while I was in Abnegation. Now that I was back, it was the other way around. 

Abnegation had really changed me in those 2 months. I was so used to dressing in loose clothes that the tight clothes felt weird on me now. I had eaten plain foods so everything else tasted weird to me. And I hadn't eaten a full meal in that long. I had lost quite a lot of weight too. I really needed to go have a slice of cake. 

Tobias had helped me back to my apartment the afternoon we got back. He wanted to give me a tour of the entire compound. I started to remember more and more each day that I was around here. There were so many people I recognized and started talking to again. 

The day I got back, there were a million questions coming from every way. Most people were wondering what was actually happening in Abnegation. But there were others that wanted to know about my experience. I recounted all the memories from when I was there to about a dozen people. 

I liked the attention when I first got home but not anymore. It was really annoying now to be constantly questioned throughout the day. I started to just ignore them and keep on walking or doing whatever I was doing. 

I didn't see much of Tobias after he helped me move back into my apartment. Every once in a while, I saw him in passing but he usually looked quite busy so I left him alone. Now that I though about it, he was always doing the same thing. Talking to a girl. The same girl. 

I felt a pang of jealousy in my heart but brushed it off as heart burn. I was hanging out with Christina and I really wasn't in the mood to talk about it. I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination though. It could just be me thinking I saw him with her all the time. But it could be the truth also. 

I said a quick goodbye to Christina and headed on my way over to Tobias' apartment. I was going to talk to him and see what he had to say about this 'mystery girl'. I wanted to know but I also didn't want to seem to pushy or clingy. 

As I near the corridor near his apartment, my heart started beating faster. I was quite scared to know what the truth was. I heard giggles when I went to knock on the door. I lowered my hand and put my ear closer to the door. Most people would call this eavesdropping, but it was for a good reason.... right? 

I heard a deeper voice say something- I couldn't make out exactly what- and then a higher, squeakier voice reply. I figured it was the girl I had seen him with. I didn't want to walk in and have it be really awkward. It may break my heart more to know what they're actually doing in there. 

Walking across the hall to my apartment, I started getting teary eyed. Was this actually happening? I always thought Tobias would be loyal to me- I was always loyal to him. Getting into bed I started to hear the girl's giggle over and over again. I fell asleep crying alone in my room, with nobody to comfort me. 

At 8 o'clock, there was loud banging that woke me up. I realized someone was knocking on the door. I opened it to see a pair of piercing green eyes staring into my blue ones. They looked vaguely familiar. I had seen them in a dream while I was in Abnegation. And I know I had seen them many times before that. But I didn't remember where. 

The next second, I blinked and the eyes were gone. There was no trace that anybody had even been here. 

What was the point of that? They come knocking on my door at 8 in the morning just to stare at me. That was really weird and awkward... 

I closed my apartment door and went back inside. I went along with my morning routine as if nothing was wrong. But everything was wrong. 

I looked nothing like myself this morning. I had red, puffy eyes and really messy hair. There was quite a lot of acne in different spots on my face, blotchy skin, and terrible bags under my eyes. I didn't sleep much the night before. Most of my mind was occupied with the conversation I had overheard. It was quite difficult to sleep know something like that. 

I finally got the strength to get up and join my friends at breakfast. As I sat down, I got lots of strange looks from every direction. Christina and Tobias tried to silently ask me what was happening but I just ignored them. I got my food, ate it quickly, and then left the cafeteria. 

Eating and talking to my friends wasn't really something I was in the mood for. Especially because Tobias was there. That made it 10 times worse than it already was. 

I spent the remained of my day in the training room. While I was away, I had lost quite a lot of training time so I wanted to make it up. At least Tobias didn't show up. That would have been really awkward and uncomfortable. 

Sticking with combat and shooting, I had quite the workout. 

I spent about an hour on shooting until I felt I had done a pretty good job for today. I was already sweating a bunch and wanted to stop. But I wouldn't let myself. 

I went over to the punching bags and started working out. I wanted to do some one-on-one combat with a real person but this would have to do. There was most likely nobody that would want to help me with the mood I was in. 

Halfway through my time in the training room, somebody walked in. I didn't notice at first but then I started  seeing movement all around me. I looked up from what I was doing to find out who or what it was. 

At first I thought it would be Tobias but I realized it was only Uriah and Marlene. My heartbeat started to slow down as I walked over to them. They were both sitting there watching me calmly. It seemed as if Marlene almost flinched when she saw my appearance. Did I really look that bad?

Apparently I said that aloud because Marlene nodded as an answer with a grim look on her face. I just shrugged and sat down next to them. Uriah looked at me expectantly and Marlene hit him on the arm almost immediately. 

"She's obviously not just going to tell us you idiot." She said. 

He nodded at the same time I did. It was true. I really didn't want to tell anyone so it would take a while to actually get any answer out of me. 

"Can you at least tell us how you're feeling? Like any emotions?" Uriah asked. 

He wasn't usually this interested or sentimental with things- anything really. 

"Angry, upset, sad, disappointed." I told them quietly. 

They both nodded and looked at each other. 

"Did somebody do something to you?" Marlene asked. 

I reluctantly nodded. 

"Was it Tobias?" 

I nodded again. 

"I'm gonna kill him." Uriah said, standing up. 

Marlene and I both grabbed him and sat him back down in his chair, trying to calm him. 

"It's fine, really. There's nothing you need to get into." I said trying to get rid of his anger. 

He nodded.

"Okay. It's just I feel like you're my sister and I need to protect you."

"It's fine. Just don't go do anything. And please don't tell Tobias anything. I don't think he knows and I don't think he needs to."

I made them promise me they wouldn't tell anybody and then they both left. After sitting there for a few minutes, I got up and went back over to the targets. I wanted to practice knife throwing just a little bit. I was actually really good at it but I wanted to keep working. 

After 10 minutes, I had gotten a bullseye in all 10 of the targets. I got the knives and put them back on the table. Finally, I walked out of the room and started going back to my apartment. 

I started humming a random song that I was thinking of while walking. When I finally reached the door of my apartment, there was somebody sitting outside the door. 

Tobias. 

"Tris! Please, just tell what's wrong." He pleaded. 

I shook my head roughly and tried to walk past him into my apartment. He took hold of my arm and pulled me back. I shrugged him off of me and started fumbling with my key in the lock. 

"Please." He said again. 

I finally got the door open and went to step inside. 

"Four! There you are! Wait... who's she?" I heard a voice behind us. 

I whipped my head around to see a girl. Was she the mystery girl?

I turned my head to look at Tobias again and raised my eyebrows. 

"Oh... hey..." He said to her, walking away from me. 

As he stepped away, I slammed the door shut and click the lock.

Then I collapsed against the back of the door, crying my eyes out.  

 [A/N- so this chapter was really easy to write, I have to admit. Sorry it took me so long to get this up. I only had limited time to write and I had no ideas of what to write either. The person this is dedicated to gave me the idea for this chapter. It will most likely continute into the next few chapters so be ready. Thanks for the idea!
Anyway, I find it really easy to write sad things and i'm not sure that's a good thing. But its kind of how I'm feeling to sorry if its really depressing. 
Btw- the picture on the side is just a random Fourtris picture (I don't know who's) cause why not. 
Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting. This story has over 300 votes, over 25 comments, and nearly 10,000 reads. I really can't thank you all enough for this. 
I love y'all so much. Thank you for everything. And sorry again for not updating sooner.]