Strange Things are Happening

MID AUGUST 2005

Terry got out the shower, finally taking a moment for himself after being up all night with Cyrus. The little one's fever finally broke at 9am, after the kids were picked up by Tracie for school. He looked at his Beloved, sprawled out on the bed, Cyrus curled up next to her as if he wasn't screaming his head off the whole night. He quickly got dressed not wanting to wake either of them up, he quietly walked out the bedroom, going outside by the pool. Although he often considered the pool area to be for thw kids, he found peace there when it was no one around to bother him.

For some reason, his mother had been weighing on his mind. Pulling out his phone, he decided to call her. As he listened to the phone ring, Uncle Willie ran outside, jumping in his lap and enjoying the sun. "Hey T. Alice is still asleep," Chris said, sounding like she was in a rush. "Shit. My bad. Tell her to call me when she wake up," he yawned out. "Sounds like you need sleep too. Just call her after you take a nap. She should be up by then. I gotta go to work for this meeting," she told him. "Alright. I'll catch you later," he threw out, hanging up and laying back on the ground. It seemed as if the word nap was enough to knock him out for good.

By the time he woke up, Taraji had went and picked up Heaven and Hunter, since JJ said he'd get Cel and Brey for them. "Terry... Terry... nigga get up! You are catching a tan out here!" Raji shouted down at him. He jumped up, startling Willie. "How long have I been out here?" He asked as he stretched out. "I don't know. Since you came out here. I need you to watch the baby. I've just been informed by you daughter that I still smell like baby vomit," she snapped. He got up, grabbing Cyrus from her and going inside to check on the other two kids. "Hi daddy!" Hev waved, going back to dancing in her chair.

Music playing, snacks in a bowl, two kids sitting down doing homework felt like a dream to Terry

Music playing, snacks in a bowl, two kids sitting down doing homework felt like a dream to Terry. It was beyond rare that the house was this tame, but then again he was still missing 2 kids. Going to make Cyrus a bottle, he didn't think twice about the song that was playing. Hunter came running in the kitchen, looking in the fridge then darting right back out. "Hey! Come here boy!" Terry hollered, surprisingly not scaring his wide eyed son in his arms. "Yes sir," Hunter said, rocking in his heels. "What did you just grab from there?" Terry asked. Hunter held up the pudding cup from behind his back.

"Did you ask?" Terry rhetorically questioned. "I want pudding," Hunter said his bottom lip poking out. "Ask Hunter. You don't demand anything around here," terry told him. "I want pudding please," Hunter repeated, putting an emphasis on the please. Terry shook his head. That was most he was going to get out of Hunter so there was no point in pushing the issue. "Go finish your homework," Terry waved him off, giving the bottle to his fussy child. Going back to check on the two at the table, he finally heard the song that was playing and seeing his daughter singing and dancing to it was not going to fly with him.

"Dontcha wish your girfren was hot like me. Dontcha!" Hev continued to sing. "Not in this house. What the hell do you know about this song?" Terry asked her. Hunter looked up from his pudding then went back to minding his business. "Mommy let's me listen to it," Hev pouted once Terry turned the song off completely. "Mommy does what?" Raji voiced as she came around the corner. Terry attempted to explain what was going on, but Heaven beat him to the punch. "Daddy won't let me listen to Dontcha even though you said it's okay," the 6 year old rushed out. Raji rolled her eyes, turning the music back on.