Chapter 1

"The very substance of the ambition is merely the shadow of a dream"-William Shakespeare

For the first time I attended an ethical hacking seminar ,and I found great interest in this field because it keeps me connected to computers (my topic of interest) and also gives me a chance to protect the society from cyber crime and criminals.

I went home and immediately started my research regarding my latest hobbie and shared it with my family. My parents were very happy with my decision to learn something new.
So I decided to take up a course with a reputed company. The main reason I got attracted to that course was that it gave us a chance to solve some cases with Police.

I went to my parents excitedly to tell them about that course.
"Mom,Dad, guess what, I have found a great workshop which begins from next week" I said
"regarding what are you talking my child ?"
asked my mom.
"Yashi, first take a deep breath and tell everything in detail " said my dad.
I took a deep breath , sat on the couch and showed them my research.

They were quite impressed by my research and permitted me to attend that workshop.

I then called my school best friend Shanaya and told her about the recent happenings.

Shanaya and I are best friends since school, we used to go to same coaching classes. We shared all the minute details about our life with each other. We can't stay without talking to each other even for a day.

I called her and said " Hey Shanaya , I have a great news for you "
"What" she said with great excitement
" of course I'll tell you but not like this" I said
" then how" she asked
" meet me today in the evening at my place" -yashi
" cool I'll be there at 5 pm sharp "she said.

I was so excited to tell her. I was finally doing my dream project. Not only I was excited to tell her about the workshop but also to start with that.
I jumped around the whole house, singing and dancing..
While my mom sarcastically said " go down and announce it to the whole society. "
Feeling embarrassed I rushed to my room and went to lord Ganesha's idol, which was kept at the study table and shared my excitement with him.

While I was talking to him. The door opened revealing Shanaya. As usual we exchanged hugs. She impatiently asked me " what is the great news".
"at least you sit down, what will you have, I will ask the servant to get it for you immediately "I said
"stop beating around the bush, come to the point fast. " she said.
"Alright alright , as you know I attended the ethical hacking seminar " I said.
"yes, yes what about that? "
"I am going to attend the ethical hacking workshop and guess what I will be an ethical hacker soon "

She jumped in excitement and proudly said " my friend is an ethical hacker, be aware you criminals " .
"slow down, there's still time" I said.
Before I could complete my statement, my mom entered with our all time favorite cookies and coffee.

We discussed everything regarding the course, the benefits, advantages, the job opportunities, everything regarding it, even the smallest detail.

It was time for Shanaya to leave . As she is less of friend and more of family, it felt impossible to let her go , and it felt like a part of me was also leaving with her .
But she had to go out of town.