Chapter 12

By the time I had showered and changed Raf had updated everyone on the days events. As soon as I walked into the lounge, which is where they'd all ended up, Colin and Owen threw themselves at me.

Colin, "We're so glad you weren't seriously hurt. That you got away."

Owen, "You're family now. I'm so happy you're safe."

My cousins are scowling at them but haven't made a move to interfere. Daly on the other hand pulled me out from between his brothers.

Daly, "Get off. Show her you care with a bloody handshake."

It was quiet for a split second before the whole room broke into laughter. Daly went slightly pink in the cheeks but he didn't retract his words. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"I'm all yours Daly. No jealousy between the Russo and O'Brian men. They're all like my brothers now. Anyone else, behave however you want."

Rom, "Hey, stop that. Raf said no kissing."

I rolled my eyes at him but stepped out of Dalys arms. He snagged my hand and entwined our fingers. Kissing my knuckles again. I can already tell that's going to be a habit of his. One I loved.

Love. I still can't believe how quickly that happened and how right it feels. But our life, it's dangerous. You never know how long you have. You need to act fast and be decisive.

After a bit of heckling, we all settled down and turned to Raf and Aiden.

Aiden, "We've come to an impasse.  We can't let the threats go by with a few thrashings. The Russians need to be exterminated. Does everyone agree?"

Everyone shouted different versions of yes.

Raf, "The Russians aren't completely stupid when it comes to their safety. So keep an eye out for any opportunities. But I don't want anyone acting the hero."

Ric, "Nobody wants to be planning a funeral for their loved ones."

Brady, "And nobody wants to be bailing out or visiting a sibling in jail!"

These comments were aimed at all of us who are still at school. 

Oh shit. School. I'll have to see Vlad tomorrow. The thought of him, of how he left me with Maxim, caused me to clench my jaw in anger. Daly felt me tense and raised a brow at me in question.

"I'm just thinking of school tomorrow. Of how to handle Vlad."

Daly, "Well you don't have to pretend to like him anymore. So I think we should show that we're a couple."

Raf, "That's a good idea actually. I don't want Lexi near the dog."

Aiden, "It'll also drive the asshole crazy jealous."

Brady, "If he loses focus, he'll be more likely to make a mistake."

"Also they still don't know I understand Russian, so they might say something in their anger. Vlad ain't the only one who's a coward. Nikolai pushed him to leave me when Vlad stood his ground."

Daly, "Are you actually sticking up for him? He left you to be raped!"

"Of course I'm not defending him. He's a coward. But I don't think he's working with a full deck. He told me we'd be together after his brother and men were done raping me. That I should just endure and then it would be fine."

The room exploded in shouts of outrage. Raf finally got them to calm down, but it took a while.

Raf, "You left that bit out in your earlier recital. Why?"