Chapter 11

Dalys kiss was not what I was expecting to happen during our argument. And not something I was enjoying. His grip on my face was too tight and his kiss too forceful to be anything but a punishment. I shoved him away forcefully. He staggered back into the kitchens island.

"What the fuck Daly!? Have you lost your fucking mind! Touch me like that again and I'm going to make sure you can never conceive a child. Ever!"

I was breathing hard and couldn't believe what he had just done. Daly too was breathing hard.

Daly, "Am I not good enough for you? Did you enjoy the Russian dog so much then?"

He's running his hands through his hair and pacing around aggressively. 

Daly, "Fuck!! Fuck fuck fuck. The thought of him touching you, kissing you, it makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I know we're not a couple, but I wanted us to be one. I swear it. I haven't looked at anyone since meeting you. None can hold my attention. But you. And then to hear he... ugh, please Lexi. Don't hate me. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just didn't want his lips on yours anymore. Fuck I sound like a moron."

That was the most I'd ever heard Daly speak. By the end of his rant he had slid down the island and was now sitting on the floor with his head in his hands. I realized that he was jealous. Scared even, that I could like someone who wasn't him.

I don't know why I feel so strongly for this arrogant and infuriating male, but there's no denying that I do. So with a sigh I sat on the floor in front of him.

"Daly, I don't hate you. Quite the opposite actually. And it scares me and excites me too. Vlad was just a mission. I couldn't even fake being intetested when he kissed me. I had to close my eyes and pretend it was you!"

His fists clench when he hears about Vlad kissing me, but when he hears the rest his head shoots up.

Daly, "You were thinking of me?"

He sounded so vulnerable and hopeful too. I nod at him. He slowly holds his hands out to me, not taking mine, leaving the decision up to me. I stare at his hands for a few seconds, not sure what to do. But I still want him. I sigh again and place mine in his. He gives me a gentle smile.

"Daly, I do want to be with you. But  I won't stand around and be played. I'll admit to being jealous. I have reason to be. You've had sex with her. Not just kissing or oral, but actual sex. The thought eats away at me. I know it was all before you met me, but..."

I couldn't go on. I hate that he makes me feel so irrationally jealous. Daly lifted my face to his gently. He kissed me on my forehead.

Daly, "I swear to you Lexi, I won't ever touch another female, you are all I want. I can't change the past. But we can make the future about us! Damn Lexi, you've turned me into a fucking sap!"

We laugh at that, and the tension between us has been broken. He pulls me towards him and sits me  straddled on his lap. He puts his arms around me and pulls me in for a kiss.

Now this is how I imagined his kisses. As soon as his lips touched mine, my heart started pounding in my chest. My skin felt hot and tingly. I pressed myself closer to him and angled myself for a more aggressive kiss. God I wanted this man so much. As the kiss got even hotter, he groaned and flipped us so I was on the kitchen floor with him over me and between my legs.

Then suddenly he wasn't. It took me a second to realize that he had been pulled off me by Romeo and Rodrigo, who were swearing at him and punching and kicking him. Daly was trying to defend himself but wasn't actually fighting back. I threw myself between them and punched Rom in the stomach and Rod in the jaw. They staggered back looking both angry and shocked. I crouched in a defensive position over Daly.