11 | Detention Buddies

Start from the beginning

The breath is practically knocked out of me, and I briefly remind myself that there are worse things in life than being cheated on, like the physical pain I'm feeling in my boobs from my book knocking into my chest harshly.

"Stay the fuck out of my way, Boulevard."

Oh great, just the person I needed to literally run into!

"Why don't you leave me the fuck alone, dick?"

"Ooh, is that the nickname you've decided to give me? I'd love to hear the origin story behind it."

I snap my head his way, but keep my hands over my chest, trying to remedy the aching away. "Don't be disgusting. I'm not in the mood."

"When will you be in the mood?" He asks cheekily, walking closer to me.

What is happening right now? Is he... flirting?

"What do you want, David?" I ask skeptically.

He comes closer, reaching out to push a stray hair behind my ear. My wide eyes follow his movements, extremely confused and uncomfortable now.

David leans in more and whispers, "Just want to see if you're as easy as everyone's saying."

My hand moves on it's own before my brain can process it. I only realize what I've done once David's head quickly turns to the side, my palm stinging after the impact.

He brings his hand up to rub his toned check, turning back to me with shock and anger on his face. "Really?"

"What have I done to you?"

"Besides just smack the shit out of me for no reason?"

"I smacked you because you were rude," I reply, not caring at all that I basically assaulted someone. "You've been rude to me ever since we met. Why?"

"Do I need a reason?" He asks after dropping his hand from his face.

"Yes, you do. I haven't done anything to you. Unless there's something I've done that you don't like?" He lightly laughs at that, but covers it with a cough. "If I did, tell me what it was. I don't want to spend the rest of the school year dealing with this."

"Oh, Boulevard," he says with a sigh. "I just don't like you. It's as simple as that."

He smiles and shrugs his shoulders as if we're merely discussing the weather or a class.

I move to walk around him, coming to the conclusion that this conversation isn't going anywhere positive.

"Where are you going, Boulevard? It's rude to walk away in the middle of a conversation," he calls out behind me, and I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

I feel his hand lightly touch my arm, wanting to tug me back to him, but I shove it off and swirl around.

"Leave me alone!" I scream.

Why can't he just leave me alone? I just want everyone to leave me alone, the same way Liam and Jess have chosen too for the past week while they fooled around behind my back.

My eyes water at the thought, and though I quickly blink it away, David doesn't miss it.

"What are you crying about?" He asks tauntingly, smile still present on his face.

"Can you not be mean for two seconds? You have no idea what I'm going through right now," I say before I can think it through, but I mean it.

Yes, I know people in the world have it worse than me, but right now it feels like they don't. It feels like I'm the only person who's been treated like shit by the people they love.