05 | Dirty Traitor

0 5
Dirty Traitor

I wait for Jalen and the other guy's annoying laughter to die down. Okay, well, it's not really annoying. The sounds kind of uplifting, to be honest. And maybe if I wasn't watching my relationship currently failing, I'd find myself joining in, just because that's how inviting their happiness feels.

But, instead, I'm left feeling my phone close to slipping out of my hands because of how much they're sweating.

The longer Liam eyes me, the more nervous I become. And I don't like that feeling, because I am sticking by the fact that he is in the wrong, not me.

Remembering exactly why he's wrong makes it all the more easier to replace my nervousness with burning anger, picturing a hundred different reasonings and scenarios for why Jessica had his phone.

"Stop trying to change the subject. You gave your phone to Jessica. And it must've either been unlocked or she has your fucking password, because she was able to make a call on it!" My voice raises louder with the accusation, because the password to Liam's phone is something I never had.

How could he possibly trust her with the password to his phone, but not me? I've asked for it before, simply because I'm a jealous bitch and he was acting way too suspicious when I questioned who he was texting one time. It wasn't like he did anything prior to that to make me feel like he'd cheat, it was all because of how he acted when I said one small thing.

That small thing turned into an entire argument about trust. We almost broke up because I simply questioned why he was smiling at his damn phone so much. The end result was me never even finding out who he had been texting, and losing the battle to exchange passwords.

He was so unwilling to give it, he didn't even consider. I didn't want him to have mine, either, if I'm being honest. But I certainly wasn't as against it as he was. I agreed with him when he said if we need each other's passwords then there's no trust here, but that didn't make me feel anymore secure in our relationship. Because, at that moment, there was no trust.

I thought we buried that issue in the last six months. We both were so apprehensive with each other after that fight, each finding the others actions suspicious. I hated how he immediately ignored my question and wouldn't give the password, and he turned the tables on me, claiming I only didn't trust him because I was doing something wrong.

The logic seemed backwards as hell and too much like he was just trying to shift the blame. The situation feels all too familiar right now, as he's trying to pin this argument on me because I'm at a party.

Liam's jaw clenches, and his eyes shift over to something out of view at the party before looking back at me. This time, his face has softened, but that does little to ease my anger. It just shows that I'm right, and Jessica does have his password, or at the very least, was allowed to hold his unlocked phone—another thing he'd never allow me to do because he says I snoop around too much.

Maybe if you were always trustworthy I wouldn't have to snoop, asshole!

"Why?" I ground out through clenched teeth. I wish I could just jump through this phone and punch him in his fucking face.

"Lyndon, it's not what you think," he starts, but all I can feel is even more anger at the fact that he just said my full name. I've always been Lyn to him, to everyone there, ever since I became apart of their group. Did living in a different state mean we became strangers again? Only strangers call me Lyndon. Only people angry with me, mainly my parents and siblings, call me Lyndon. When I think about it, it's been over three years since Liam's ever even uttered my full name. What is happening? "She needed to make a phone call. Her phone died right when her mom was calling, you know how uptight her parents are."