Jihoon

So it looks like I'll be updating every Sunday. (Maybe more than that sometimes) Just letting y'all know ~

It wasn't real. Jihoon knew it wasn't real. But it felt too realistic to be just a nightmare. His eyes opened and scanned the room while his body jolted up into a sitting position. You weren't sleeping next to him like he had expected you to be.

"I'm sorry, Jihoon. Though, did you really expect me to stick with you forever?" You sneered mockingly, your cruel words hitting Jihoon like a wave crashing against the shore.

Yes, he had expected you to stick with him forever. That's what you had promised him once upon a time whilst laying on his chest. Your arm had been drawing circles on his bare chest and stomach while he combed your hair with his fingers. Now, the atmosphere was cold and agonizing.

"What are- what are you saying?" Jihoon's heart was beating so quickly his ears started ringing and tears brimmed his eyes. Of course he had heard you the first time and knew exactly what you meant but he just couldn't believe it, nor did he want to.

"I've cheated on you. Geez, Jihoon, can you try and keep up?" You rolled your eyes like you had before too. Back then it was playful, usually after he'd pranked you or said something otherwise silly. This time, though, there was no humor in the action and his heart felt too heavy. Like, it physically hurt his heart to keep beating.

"Why?" He asked but his voice cracked in the middle of that short and simple word.

"No reason, I guess. I just got bored." You shrugged nonchalantly like it wasn't a big deal. How was it not a big deal to you when Jihoon's world was falling apart? Then you walked out with a halfhearted 'bye'. You walked out of his life for good.

Jihoon desperately looked around the room but wasn't able to find you. You rarely slept in a cuddling position since you both liked your space, but now he wished he would've held on to you so that you wouldn't have been able to leave him. He just had to keep trying to convince himself of the fact that you would never do that to him.

Less than an hour later, you tip toed into the room only to find a stone-faced Jihoon with tears leaving his eyes and running down his beautiful face.

"Jihoon? Baby, what's wrong?" You rushed to his side and pulled him close to you. It was like his body was frozen. He just stiffly leaned into your touch and rested his head against your shoulder.

"You didn't leave..." He whispered after a painfully long moment of silence. Seeing him sad always made your heart ache.

"What are you talking about?" You pulled away to cup his face, mushing his cheeks together slightly, "What makes you think you'd ever get rid of me?"

"I guess it was just a nightmare." His voice was still quieter than usual but maybe you were just used to hearing his extremely loud voice. Even the color was coming back into his cheeks.

"That I left?" You asked while caressing Jihoon's hair. He nodded but didn't say anything.

Not knowing if you should urge him to talk about it or drop it, you slowly started to lay him onto the bed. He followed your lead and you laid down next to him.

"I thought you left me, that you were cheating on me. Then you weren't even here when I woke up... It seemed so real." He was nearly asleep but fought back the tiredness to keep talking to you.

"Jihoon, I would never leave you. I love you, you know that. Besides, I told you last night that I would pick Seunghun up from the airport. He says hi, by the way."

Jihoon looked at you, "Seunghun? Why?"

"He came back. Don't pretend like this is new information to you!" You laughed at his pout before continuing, "I told you so many times! We were even supposed to have dinner with him later today, remember?"

It was coming back to Jihoon slowly. You'd told him that Seunghun had asked you to pick him up the night before. Jihoon wanted to do it himself but you'd rather have him sleep in the early hours of the day.

"Oh, right." He nodded and smiled. It was small and didn't look like a genuine one but still better than the tear stained frown he'd sported a while ago.

"You should get some sleep. How will you be able to get dinner with your friend if you haven't had a minute of proper sleep?" You suggested and pulled the duvet over him more comfortably.

He pulled you closer by the waist before mumbling something that sounded like a sign of agreement against your neck. "On one condition."

"What is it?"

"You'll be here when I wake up. You can't even go to the toilet before I've seen that you haven't left me." He explained though it was still mumbled out by your shoulder.

"I'll be here, don't worry."

"You better." Then you assumed he fell asleep because his breathing started evening out and the grip on your waist became more loose.

"I love you, Jihoon. Sleep well."

Next chapter: Raesung