Haruto

The day was cloudy and slightly windy. It was empty at the beach because who would want to go there on such a day? You and your boyfriend did. Well you did anyway. You had had to drag Haruto there when he would have rather wanted to spend the cool summer day indoors. What was the fun in that? Besides, that's what you two had done the entire summer holiday.

The breeze played with your hair as you sat on the beach and threw it around in all directions aimlessly. It cooled the air down but it was still decently warm. Nice contrast to the past weeks' heat wave.

"Y/n, it's literally freezing here. Are you trying to get me killed?" Haruto's dramatic question made you snap out of your daydream and turn around to face him in amusement.

"Oh no, you figured it out!" You went along playfully but he just huffed and faced the other way. You scooted closer to him and wrapped your arms around his slim waist.

"Is that better?" You asked and felt him lean into your embrace, making you pace your chin on his shoulder.

"It is. Now it's going to be a slower death." He sighed and you pushed him away lightly. You had to admit, it did feel colder when his body wasn't there to warm you up.

"You're such a drama queen I swear. It's not even cold here."

"Too cold to go to the beach. I don't even know why I agreed to come here." Haruto argued as he crossed his arms and you couldn't help but think that he looked like an overgrown toddler.

"Because you love me~" You cooed and pinched his cheek. He tried to swat your hands away but it only made you want to do it more.

"Okay, let's take a nap and go home." You tried to compromise taking your hand off his face.

"Why not just go home now and nap on the comfortable bed?" Haruto rolled his eyes.

"Because I'm enjoying the weather and the beach is all ours now!" You exclaimed happily and he agreed. Only because you looked adorable.

After his agreement, you laid down on the blanket you had put out on the sand and he followed suit. You closed your eyes and got into a more comfortable position. It took you awhile to fall asleep but you got there eventually.

You had been asleep for maybe about half an hour when Haruto woke you up by poking at your side and whispering your name repeatedly, "y/n? Y/n!"

"What?" You mumbled in irritation.

"I have an important question."

"Go ahead." You told him and got up. Your vision was still blurry and you were feeling a bit groggy after waking up. You knew you wouldn't be able to fall asleep anymore.

"Is sand called sand because it's between sea and land?" The question was probably the dumbest you had ever heard but his face was laced with genuine curiosity.

"Is that why you woke me up?" You asked with a 'wtf' face.

"Ya." He nodded seriously, "It was bothering me the whole time you were out. I couldn't even sleep because of it." You laughed while shaking your head at your silly boyfriend.

"I don't know, Haruto. Maybe, maybe not."

"Come on, that wasn't at all helpful." He whined with a displeased look.

"Did you really expect me to have the answer?" You asked and he nodded.

"You seem awful smart about things like that." He said with proud smile, "I'm lucky to have such a smart girlfriend."

You looked away in embarrassment and turned to the sea instead of him to hide your blushing face. You smiled at nothing in particular as you looked at the gorgeous sea view. Haruto didn't, as he was more interested in keeping his eyes on you. When he saw that smile that made him fall for you, something exploded in his stomach. Oh, would you look at that I am: whipped.

"Okay come on! I've waited long enough, let's go home." He grabbed your arm and pulled you up in embarrassment. How could his mere thoughts make him so flustered?

"I'm coming, I'm coming! You almost ripped my hand out." You massaged your shoulder with a fake mad look.

You took the blanket and folded it and he gathered together rest of your belongings, packing it away into his backpack. You stuffed yours into your purse before checking that there were no belongings left behind.

"Yeah, whatever. If you come with me I'll buy you food!" He promised and started walking away teasingly.

"Coming!" You ran after him and clung onto his arm tightly.