Jihoon pt 2

Pt 2 because it was requested :)

As time passed Jihoon began to realize how wrong everything felt. Yes, he liked a girl but it didn't seem the same without you. Before when he had a crush, he'd come to you and you'd listen to him attentively. You'd give him advice and share your experiences. You would smile at him and say how happy you were for him. Now he realized how much it must've hurt you.

He went to that party that was held at Somi's friends house. He enjoyed it but couldn't properly make the best of it as you were the only thing in his mind.

The two went on some dates in the following weeks and that's when it really hit him: he didn't like her. She was pretty and generous but the two had nothing in common. When they were on a date Somi would do all the talking and not let Jihoon share his opinions. With you he could freely talk about anything and he knew you'd listen to him and not judge.

One night he laid in bed, unable to fall asleep. He thought about how much pain you were probably in. You'd lost your best friend and first love simultaneously and knowing you, you were probably blaming yourself. He on the other hand blamed himself. He cursed himself for letting you walk out that door.

Another thing that kept him up was how perfect you would have been for him. You were right there by his side and he'd never thought about how you were his ideal type. You had same interests, you always watched movies together or read books and talked about your opinions on them after. You had similar hobbies and mutual friends. At school you always enjoyed the same subjects and lacked in the same ones as well.

He didn't have that with any other girl he'd tried to date. All his relationships failed and he couldn't help but wonder if it was because you were there in the back of his mind. How he'd compared these girls to you and decided that they weren't the one for him.

Maybe it was those thoughts or maybe the lack of sleep, that caused him to show up at your door in the middle of the night. He stood there. Just stood. He wasn't waiting for anything particular since he hadn't even rung the door bell. Why was it so hard to just apologize and admit his mistake? He knew he was wrong and he knew he should let you know but somehow he felt embarrassed. Embarrassed to stand in front of you in a vulnerable position. Like how you'd stood in front of him that night. This realization made him feel worse.

He was lost in thought and nearly had a heart attack when you suddenly opened the door. Had he rang the door bell without realizing? He wasn't sure but there you were. Hair messed up, eyes sleepy and wrapped up in your coziest PJs. Somehow you looked gorgeous to him at that moment and he wondered how he'd been so blind towards his feelings.

"Jihoon? Why are you here at this hour?" Your voice was raspy but he could've listened to it forever.

"How'd you know I was here? Did I ring the doorbell?" He asked and you looked at him weirdly.

"How do you not know if you rang the doorbell or not? Anyway, my phone got a notification when the camera detected someone outside the door." You pointed at a camera located next to the door.

"I see... Can I come in." You didn't say anything but opened the door wider and stepped out of the way.

Jihoon took off his shoes and walked into your living room out of habit. You followed and sat next to him. He waited for you to start and smiled widely when you yawned loudly.

"So, Are you here for something particular?" You started as he clearly wasn't going to. For the first time since you met, it was awkward.

"I miss you." He confessed and cringed as it sounded quite pathetic to him.

"I know, I miss you too but I told you I'll need some time to y'know..." You didn't want to say the obvious out of embarrassment.

"Get over me?" You winced slightly as he said that. You felt your cheeks getting warmer.

"Yeah..." You looked away from him.

"Don't."

Your eyes widened and you looked back at him, "I beg your pardon?"

"Don't get over me." He pleaded and took your hand in his.

"What do you mean?" You pulled your hand back as it started sweating in his. Apparently you weren't as over him as you'd thought. Jihoon on the other hand thought it meant that you had already gotten over him.

"You know I'm not good with words but it's just... I want to try." He noticed your confused glance, "Try being in a relationship."

You were beyond bewildered, "Jihoon, you're not going to lose me as a best friend. Give me time to get myself together. Please just don't ask me to be your girlfriend out of pity."

Jihoon felt saddened by your words but felt even more regretful when you couldn't even make eye contact with him.

"I'm not. I just realized that I love you. In every aspect, I just love you. I'm sorry for not knowing it before." You finally looked at him but he still couldn't tell your emotions.

"I'm sorry, Jihoon. I've gotten over you..." He slowly nodded his head and got up to leave.

You stopped Jihoon by grabbing his wrist, "I'm kidding! I love you too!" You laughed as he turned around looking deeply offended.

"How dare you?" He pulled his wrist from your grasp but could feel himself smiling at the sight of you giggling on the couch.

"I'm sorry! I had to." You took deep breaths to recover from your laughing fit.

Jihoon sat back down and pulled you into his lap. His arms were around your waist from behind and his chin was resting against you shoulder. You tensed up at first but relaxed as you realized that this wasn't just a crush, this was Jihoon. Your Jihoon.

"How blind must I have been not to notice my dream girl being right in front of me all this time?" He whispered softly. So softly in fact that you almost didn't even recognize his voice. You'd never heard the loud Park Jihoon sound so serious.

"I'm your best friend, it must've been hard think about me like that at first." You couldn't deny that him calling you his dream girl made you feel some type of way.

"You know, y/n... It's late and probably too dangerous for me to walk back home so how about I just spend the night here?" He asked after awhile of comfortable silence.

Jihoon sleeping over was nothing new and you we're about to fall asleep right on his lap so you just nodded and lead him to your room.

You dropped on the bed immediately and watched Jihoon look for some of his clothes from your wardrobe. He knew for a fact that you had stolen a good amount of his clothes. He grabbed some sweats and a hoodie and quickly changed into them.

Jihoon came back to your bed to find you already asleep. He smiled to himself softly and pecked your lips lightly. At this moment he wondered how he could've hurt you so bad and swore to himself that he'd spend the rest of his life making it up to you.