We stopped at the horse stable. Nag-aya ulit kasing mag horse riding si David.

“Ready?” Dave asked me.

I put on a fake smile and nodded my head. I didn’t want him to see any sign of pain.

Bumaba kami ng kotse at pumasok sa stable. Nilabas niya si Amber at nilabas ko naman si Mitsy. I pet Mitsy on the head and sighed to ease the heaviness I felt inside my chest. I was trying not to think of Axel pero nang makita ko si Mitsy siya na naman ang naalala ko. It reminded me of the dirty things we did… all the dirty, dirty things. Damn him! Pati ba naman kay Mitsy…

“Up for a race?” David’s voice startled me.

“Sure.” I answered.

“Kapag nauna ako sa malaking puno, you’d have to kiss me.” He said.

“Paano pag ako ang nauna?” Tanong ko.

“Then I’d kiss you.” He winked. Hindi na niya hinintay na makasagot ako. He jumped on top of Amber and made him ran. Sumakay na rin ako kay Mitsy at pinatakbo siya. I wasn’t too far behind David. Hindi nagtagal ay naunahan ko na rin sila ni Amber. Kami ni Mitsy ang nauna sa may puno. I waited for him under the tree with a proud smile on my face.

“Getting rusty, aren’t we?” I teased him.

“Don’t be to cocky, angel. I’m just being a gentleman. Ladies first.” Natatawang sabi niya.

“Right.” I rolled my eyes at him.

Pareho kaming bumaba sa kabayo at itinali namin sila sa puno. We sat under the shades of the big tree just like we used to do. He pulled me to him and I sat between his legs with my back against his chest. He wrapped his arms around my stomach. He doesn’t feel like Axel, he doesn’t smell like him, he wasn’t him. Which was good, right?

“Look, Val, naalala mo pa ‘to?” Sabi ni David. I followed his gaze, it was our initials in a heart carved on a tree. I smiled. We were just teenage sweethearts nang i-carve naming yun. Maraming taon na ang nakalipas pero nandon pa rin iyon. Sinubukan kong kapain ang nararamdaman ko para sa kanya. I wasn’t as in love with him anymore as I was before. I suddenly started to doubt if he was really “the one” or if it was just some silly teenage love. Kung mahal ko talaga siya hindi ko hahayaan na gawin sa akin iyon ni Axel. If I really loved him I wouldn’t crave Axel’s attention, his touch, his kiss… I frozed, completely bewildered and lost.

It was just lust, a sexual attraction. I tried to assure myself.

My body wanted him, not my heart.

“Valerie…” I heard him whisper to my ear.

“Mm?”

“You owe me a kiss, remember?” Tumawa siya.

Humarap ako kay David. A wild idea came to my head. Maybe if I give myself to David, my body wouldn’t crave him anymore. If I would experience the same pleasure he’d given me with another man, hindi na siya hahanapin na katawan ko. I wanted to erase his scent from my skin, the memory of his touch. I kissed David with a needy passion that seemed to shock him. After awhile I felt him responding to my kiss.  I felt his tongue seeking entrance to my mouth which I gave him.

Axel’s POV

I was sitting on the couch alone in the living room thinking about Valerie, wondering what she was doing with David right now. She was with the guy she wanted to give her virginity to. Ano bang dapat kong isipin? I felt so restless and helpless and I didn’t even know why. Who the fuck cares what they’re doing right now? I already fucked her last night, anyway. Bumalik na naman sa isip ko ang nakita ko kanina. David with his hand on her backside. My jaw clenched without me realizing it.