Chapter Forty Three

Axel's POV

She was lying on her side next to me with her head leaned on my shoulder as I held her hand over my chest. Despite feeling sick, I had never woke up feeling this good for a long time. Closing my eyes again, I inhaled and savored her scent and the way she felt in my arms. There was really nothing better than waking up with her next to me, feeling her warmth, breathing in her scent... that divine scent that I miss more than anything. I felt warm inside and I knew that there will never be something or someone that could make me feel the way she does.

I shifted to my side so that I could wrap my arms around her. She was like a medicine to me, no matter what I was feeling or thinking having her with me always soothes and makes me feel better.

"What are you doing?" I heard her say. I looked down at Valerie, her eyes shone in the dark as they looked at me. The soft light from the moon shining from the window illuminated her face, making her unbelievable beautiful it took my breath away.

"I'm just trying to get comfy." Dahilan ko.

"Mmhmm." One of her brows curved up, She sat up on the edge of the bed, looking around. "Gabi na?"

"Looks like it." I said.

She stretched out her arms. "God, your bed is so hard. How do you put up with this?"

"I put up with all these because of you Val. You make me do things I never thought I'd do for anyone."

Silence fell between us before she shrugged her shoulders. "Masama pa rin ba ang pakiramdam mo?"

"Yeah." I said, faking a wince. "Everything hurts. There's not a place on my body that's not throbbing with pain right now."

The expression on her face suddenly shifted into a concerned one. She felt my forehead and my neck with the back of her hand. "Kailangan mo na palang uminom ng gamot pero kumain ka muna. Dinalhan ka kanina ni aling Emma ng pagkain."

She got up and lit the oil lamp with a match over the small table beside my bed. Kinuha niya ang pagkain na nakabalot sa dahon.

Valerie's POV

I watched in amusement as he unwrapped the leaves. May kanin sa loob, tilapia, kamatis at itlog na pula. He used his hand hand to eat and couldn't help but smile as I watched him. Axel just never fails to surprise me. I never thought na matututo siyang mag-adjust bilang trabahador sa hacienda. I never thought I'd see him eat with his bare hand. He was born of privilege and given the best that money could offer and now he was living such a humble lifestyle. In the office, everybody seemed scared of him. Who wouldn't? In his suit, he was powerful, broodingly good looking, frightenly intimidating. Pero dito, malapit ang loob ng mga trabahodor sa hacienda. Everyone like and care for him. Siguro dahil marunong siyang makisama sa mga tao dito.

His face lifted to mine. I quickly hid my smile and gave him a straight face. "Wala ka pang gana sa lagay na yan, ha?" I rolled my eyes. Ayaw pa niyang kumain kanina pero pinilit ko lang siya.

"This is good and I'm starving. Isang buong araw akong walang kain." He shrugged and held it out to me. "Tikman mo."

"No, thanks." I said.

"Tikman mo lang." He insisted. "I know you're hungry. Buong araw kang hindi umalis sa tabi ko."

"No, I'm fine." Sagot ko.

Kinamay niya ang kanin at kumuha siya ng konting isda at inilapit niya ito sa akin na parang batang pinipilit kumain. I looked down at it with brows furrowed. "Ayoko." I firmly said even though my mouth watered at the smell of it. Hindi pa din pala ako kumakain.