NINE

"Well, it's important to know who will be by your side till the end. It's never too late to tell someone how you feel. Physically, mentally, or even emotionally. Never miss your chance, cause if you do... you may never get that chance again. Never be afraid to show who you are, even at your weakest point. There's only one you... so use every second you have of your life to make it worth a good one."

-B̶o̶w̶i̶e William

P.S. It's never too late to tell someone that you love them ~♡

●●●

Screaming, yelling, and glass shattering woke me up. I was in the back seat of the car, cause my back was still in a lot of pain from falling on the ground when I was punched. I look at the driver's seat to see it was empty. I was the only one in here. More yelling was heard. It sounded like Benji. I quickly go to grab my glasses then pulled the blanket off me and opened the door, but I did it so quickly that I fell on my face when exiting. I got up on my feet to see the sun rising over the cliffside. Where are we?

More glass shattering was heard from the other side of the car, so I quickly ran that way to see Benji on his hands and knees in front of the wooden box. When I was finally behind him I got down and rested my hand on his shoulder which made him jump. His face was stained in fresh and old tears. He gives me a forced smile, "m- morning Will. Did you sleep w- well?"

I ignored his question, "Benji, what is going on? Why are screaming and throwing glass bottles everywhere?"

He starts to cry all over again. I've never seen him like this. He's always so smiley. Was this his breaking point? He choked on his tears before speaking, "I- I didn't mean too." Mean to what?

"Benji, what are talking about?"

He wiped some of his tears away, but it was no help. "I was supposed to pull the cord, but I didn't. I should have listened. I didn't want for him to go." Pull the cord? "It was his last request before he left. He left me here all alone." He coughs. Left? What exactly is he talking about? "I'm sorry I brought you along."

I pull him into a hug. "No, I'm glad I came. I'm glad I met you. I've never met a person like you. You're so optimistic, caring, and selfless. I enjoy every piece of you, even your flaws." He looks up at me from my chest. "You're a great person Benji."

He wraps his arms around my neck causing us to fall. "You're great to Will. You're so smart, brave, and willing to do what is right. Even though sometimes you can be rude, you're kindness always tops it. Will?" He leans on his hands to help support his body.

"What?" His tears fell onto my cheeks.

"You mean everything to me." My face turns red from his words. He looked like he was having a small debate in his head before he finally decided. He leans down to my face and places his lips on me. I was shocked. I mean, I've kissed before. But not with another guy! This was all too new for me! Why is he doing this?! The kiss was gentle and sweet. Benji's fingers tangled into my hair. I didn't know what to do, he's too upset. So I just laid there. My hands rested on his side's. He pulled away and sat on the ground between my legs. I sit up to see him with a confused face.

I slide my hand over to his which was on the ground. "It's alright." He looks up at me then smiles.

"I'm sorry. I'm just very emotional right now." He chuckles.

I place my other hand on his cheek and wipe his tears away. "You're okay. Nothing is going to make me think of you any less." He leans into my hand. "Now do you mind explaining what's going on?"

He turned around to the box. "Will meet Samuel. Samuel meet Will. He's the one who helped me throughout this trip." Samuel?

"Um, who's Samuel?"