FIVE

"Everything is like a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, that can be overwhelming. It can also happen too fast, where you can't even think straight. It feels like a bundle of emotions."

-Bowie

●●●

We're currently eating breakfast in a diner, but we both had waffles instead of pancakes. Benji wanted something off the kids' menu, but they wouldn't allow it since he's well over twelve years old. My sleep wasn't all that peaceful since Benji was laughing to himself. He said he was just remembering some fun times from years ago. I wonder what that could be?

"I love breakfast foods." He gushed.

"Don't talk with food in your mouth," I said like I was a stern mother. "It's disgusting."

Benji swallowed his food and his cheeks were dusted in pink. "Sorry. I just really enjoy this food category." He took a small sip from his orange juice. I can tell he's embarrassed.

I cup the warm coffee in my hands and rub my thumb against the smooth white surface. "So where are we heading to now?"

Benji thinks for a moment. "Somewhere fun," he said then gave me his signature smile.

I nod, "okay, I can already tell that you're keeping it a secret."

"Yup. Oh, can you show me your tattoo now?"

"Alright fine, I need to clean it anyways." I peel the tape off, which wasn't that sticky anymore, and the plastic. Benji leans forward to see. "What do you think?" It's a small tattoo of the Yin and Yang sign.

"Fancy, I like it. What made you want to get that?" He held my arm gently.

"Well, like all people. There is dark and light in everyone, plus I like Chinese food," I said before taking a sip from my black coffee.

"Cool, it suits you."

"It does?" I asked with an arched eyebrow. He nodded his head, as I give him a small smile in return. "I'll be back." I went to the restroom to clean my inked skin, but when I returned. Benji was chugging his orange juice down his throat.

He then shoves the rest of the food in his mouth before speaking, "alright let's go!" He bolted from his chair then headed for the parking lot.

"Hey! Wait, Benji!" I quickly grabbed my bag and ran after him. Once I made it outside he was already in the car, all buckled up. During the running, I almost fall flat on my face. I got in and pulled the seat belt to do the same. "You need to let me know what you're doing before making a decision like that." I gritted my teeth.

He was calm but gave me the cheesiest smile. "Okay!" And that was that. He drove for a couple of hours, but the ride wasn't silent. He talked most of the time, which sucks. Can I at least have one moment of pure silence? Apparently no. Cause the world hates me so much with a passion.

He then pulled up into a parking lot with a decent amount of cars. But I couldn't help but hear a familiar sound from my childhood. "Where are we?" I said while facing him.

We both get out of the car. "This my friend, is called a fair!" He gestured to all the rides and game booths that were over the hill.

"Why are we here?"

"Cause we need a little fun in our life's, so why not start now! I'm not shaming you in any way." I scrunch my eyebrows from his words. We walk all the way there, well me that is, Benji was skipping. "What do you want to do first?" He turned to face me.