Ruffled Feathers :END:

Author's Note: Going to take a break from the next book that lies in this series. I've got ideas running through my head.

 If you haven't figured it out yet for the most part each story is split off into an alternate timeline. I'll maybe make a HermitCanons explaining how each story fits into the timelines. I won't do it right now though. I hope ya'll are having a good night, morning, or evening wherever you are. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Mumbo: 

 " This is it...." I whispered as I looked up at Joe. He nodded, " This is a more.... edited version. It works on those who have more....." Joe looked at Grian in silence. 

 Grian was more nibbling on his rope with a confused noise. He shook the rope as his wings twitched.

 I looked towards Joe, " We can't use it yet...." I muttered as Joe gave me a confused look, " May I ask why not....?" he crossed his arms as I motioned for him to follow. Scar walked silently behind us.

 We all looked into the room towards the red box. The little cube laid dormant on the ground and nothing happened when the three of us walked into the room.

 Joe looked down at the box, " Who could've left it here?" he questioned as Scar let out a huff. Scar crossed his arms over his chest, " Evil X of course." he sighed. 

 The still horsey Joe crossed his arms behind his back, " Have either of you touched it?" he questioned as we both shook our heads. 

 The box that had caused Grian to freak out started to make strange noises causing Joe's eyes to go back as he stepped behind us; he looked like a deer in headlights.

 Scar stood in front of Joe, " Joe?" he questioned as Joe remained silence. Joe's arm that had the hoof hand at the end of it was twitching violently. I looked between the box and him, " Get Joe out of here, Scar." I ordered as Scar nodded and grabbed Joe by his arm.

 The two men quickly left the room. This left me alone with the mysterious box.

 I walked over to the box and kneeled down in front of it. How could such a tiny thing cause hybrids to freak out? Could it also cause other hybrids like Doc, Ren, and Python to freak out and act like their animal counterparts? 

 " What do you do weird box?" I questioned and as if it answered me; the box started to open up causing me to step back out of fear, shock, and confusion. 

 A strange dark red glow poured out of the block as a holographic message started. Evil X was sitting on a throne with five hooded figures all sitting on other thrones.

 " 'Ello hermits...." Evil X's voice rang from his little holographic self. He leaned forward, and I could feel the smirk that formed on his face.

 I looked out the door, " Scar!" I shouted out of panic, " The box is playing a holograph message!" I told him as Scar hurried back into the room. 

 Scar kneeled down next to me and breathed out, " What have I missed?" he whispered as I shrugged, " Not much." I told him. 

 The two of us looked at the hologram as it kept playing.

 " So, I see that you locked the dumb chicken up like you did the horse. If you manage to get the both back then good work, but this is only the beginning of the end for you, the evolutionists, and the stumpt group." he chuckled darkly.

 Evil X stood up from his throne and crossed his arms behind his back, " I won't tell you when this battle is coming. My associates here still need to stall their own enemies." he pointed back towards the cloaked figures.

 This was when the message cut off as the box disappeared.

 Scar and I looked at each other, " Let's get Grian back to normal and get everyone currently online together in front of the rocket shop." Scar muttered as we stood up. We hurried back into the main room.

 Cub was wide awake and trying to snap Joe out of his fearful trance. He looked up at us, " What the heck were you shouting about Mumbo?" Cub questioned as Scar quickly summarized what happened with the box as I took the cure potion over to Grian. 

 Grian let out a happy chirping noise when I got close to him. The happy bird rubbed his head against my face.

 " Grian no...." I pushed him away with a small laugh as I uncorked the bottle. Grian sniffed at the liquid as his wings twitched, " Chrrr?" he looked up at me with a curious look. 

 I moved the bottle closely to Grian's mouth as he pulled back in confusion. Grian sat down and continued to make confused noises as he looked between the bottle and me, " Grian, trust me on this...." I whispered. 

 The bird hermit's wings flapped as he tilted his head. Grian put his talon hand on my arm and sniffed the bottle again. 

 Grian started to bite at the end of the bottle as I poured the contents into his throat. It seemed instant, but Grian's hands and legs started to morph back to normal as Grian coughed and wheezed.

 I yelped in pain as the last of Grian's talons ripped into my wrist causing skin to cut easily and bleed vigorously.

 " Mummooo....?" Grian wheezed out as the feathers on his face dropped, and his tail started to recede back into him.

 " G-grian? Y-you're okay..." I whispered as Grian let out a whine, " I... I'm scared...." he whispered as he passed out in my arms. 

 ((A few hours later brought to you by the author screeching into the void))

 My wrist ached as I looked at the bandages and gauze that Cub had treated me with. Joe was back to normal, but he still had his horse ears, " Will he be alright?" Joe questioned as he looked at the weak hermit in my lap.

 Grian was normal for the most part. He was still in his torn clothes because his now bloodless wings were still there. 

 " He should be okay." Cub reported as he scanned Grian's body, " He's exhausted after his transformation back, and it will take a while for those wings to sink back into his body." he sighed as he moved to scan Joe next.

 Joe flinched as Cub quickly scanned over Joe, " You're ears will also take a while unfortunately." he shook his head as Joe nodded, " At least my voice isn't all hoarse though." he mused as everyone let out a small laugh. 

 I put my arm gently over Grian, " I guess we need to get Jevin, Tango, Stress, Cleo, and Iskall over here to discuss our next move." I sighed as the others nodded. Scar took out his communicator and started pressing the faces of each hermit.

 " Everyone. We need you at Mumbo's base immediately. Evil X is planning something big."