Ruffled Feathers Part 6

Author's Note: Going ahead on getting this submitted. More chicken!Grian doing weird things. He's a good boi when he's not trying to rip into the other hermits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 Mumbo:

 " Jesus Christ Cub... That isn't a great answer." Jevin groaned as Cub shrugged. Cub sat down in a chair that was set up in the room.

 Cub had a tired look on his bearded face, " Life's full of not great answers...." he replied tiredly as Jevin and I looked at each other and sighed. Cub was clearly letting his own exhaustion get to his head.

 I looked over at Grian as Jevin forced Cub back into the other room to sleep. Cub tried to protest, yet he was quickly rejected by Jevin and the two went back into the other room. 

 Grian was still ripping into the fish. The skin of the salmon was flying everywhere as Grian happily sucked down the insides of the fish like it was one of those gooey candies. This makes me not want to eat anything again honestly.

 " Hey Gri....." I kneeled down in front of the area and put my hand on the fence bar. Grian finished up his fish and crawled out of his hole. Grian trotted over to me and sniffled at my hand. The feathered hermit licked at my hand affectionately. 

 " Chrrrrr...." the weird animalistic noise came out of him as he nuzzled me. Grian kept licking at my hand. I sighed. 

 Grian was as animal-minded as he was previously. Cub's treating of Grian was honestly inhumane, but I understand why Cub would feed Grian like that. He was protecting himself and Scar. 

 I raised my eyebrow as I took out some feeds and fed it to Grian. The chicken hermit waggled with happy little chirps. 

 Jevin came back in the room. Grian immediately tensed up as his chest and wings fluffed out. Jevin raised his arms, " I am no threat to you..." he whispered calmly as he sat down in Cub's chair. 

 Grian kept making annoyed noises, " Grian.... " I whispered as Grian looked at me. He kept making the annoyed noises. I kept my hand on the bars as Grian rubbed against the bars; his eyes fixated on Jevin. 

 " He seems even more animal-like than how you and Joe were, are, acting." Jevin sighed as he rested his head on his hands. I nodded slowly.

 " He can't even recognize the fact that you guys mean him no harm.... I.... I... I'm scared to even try to bring him out." I stuttered over the last part of my words. I felt the fear in my voice. 

 Jevin gave me a nervous look, " That explains why he tried to rip the human part of me to a crisp.... Yet why was he not angry at Cub....? He did probably try to attack him as well previously..." he looked at Grian as the bird chirped at him in more annoyance.

 The two of us sighed. I slowly made a small hole in the fence and stuck my arm through. 

 Grian looked at me curiously. 

 The chicken hermit started to lick at my hand and grab at my sleeve with his mouth. He made an attempt to pull me into the cage, but I pulled my arm out quickly.

 Grian let out a squawk as he sat down. The shorter hermit looked at me with a confused stare. I heard Jevin let out a small laugh behind me.

 " What's so funny?" I stood up and turned around to face the hybrid. Jevin shrugged, " The fact that Grian probably wants to drag you to his nest and snuggle you." he whispered with a small smirk. My face turned red.

 " You Americans weird me out....." I huffed as Jevin kept smirking. Jevin started to take more notes, " We're all aware of that. " he laughed as I shook my head. 

 I looked back at Grian as he walked next to his little pond and started to drink out of it. 

 " Do you have any new ideas on how to fix Grian and Joe?" I asked as I looked back at Jevin. 

 The slime dropped his shoulders as his body looked visually weak.

 " N-no.... I can't think of anything. The only way that I have an idea of making a possible cure is......." Jevin looked down at the floor, " ..... a blood sample."

 I titled my head, " I don't think Grian would like that." I told him as Jevin nodded, " I.... I know, but I can't think of another way." he told me as he looked up. The look of pure fear was in his eyes.

 The two of us looked back at Grian. I felt a knot form in my stomach. I let out a slow, shaky breath as I looked back at Jevin.

 " I.... I can do it....." I whispered as Jevin's eyes widened. He stood up and put his human hand on my shoulder. 

 " That seems like a death wish. You've seen what Grian did to Scar!" Jevin gasped as I nodded slowly. I looked down, " I'm the only one that he trusts...." I told him causing his eyes to narrow, " Yeah, but he's probably going to tear you apart." he spoke grimly.

 My entire body shivered, " This'll help him though Jevin..... I got to do it.... Maybe I can use some of his bloody rags?" I questioned as Jevin thought for a moment. He crossed his arms and turned away from me.

 Jevin looked towards me. He took out a syringe and placed it in my hand, " If you can't get Grian's shirt or bloody feathers.... Use this." he mumbled as he took a step back. 

 " You should probably leave the room. I'm going to open the door, and I don't want you to be hurt...." I told Jevin as he nodded.

 The slime hybrid carefully left the room and closed the door. This left me and the beast version of my friend alone.

 I walked over to the end of the cage and sighed. Grian was still drinking out of his pond, so I thankfully could get this open without him noticing. I unlocked the door and stepped inside; the door closing behind me. I was glad that it could only be locked from the outside.