Ruffled Feathers Part 5

Author's Note: Part 5. More horse!Joe and the feathery gremlin. Also the two humans and half human. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(The author runs by frantically while being chased by Chicken!Grian. The sign reads " Time SKIPP)

 Mumbo's POV:

 I landed quickly in front of Jevin's base with a huge stumble. My entire body wobbled as I shook myself off and landed.

 " Thank god no one's around to see that." I whispered to myself with a blush.  I sighed and straightened myself up with a fix of my shirt. I swiftly knocked on the door. 

 There was some clattering to come from inside. Jevin's annoyed voice soon followed.

 " Joe, I'll get you some food in a bit. Let me answer the door first!" Jevin groaned as the door unlocked. Jevin was wearing solid white pajamas. He had some light circles under his human half's eye.

 " Mornin' Mumbo..... It's good to see you're doing well." he smiled as he waved me inside. I crossed my arms, " I'm doing well, but Scar and Grian currently are not." I told him.

 Jevin walked over to a chest and pulled out a thing of carrots. He looked over at me with a confused look. 

 " What happened to the two of 'em? Is Scar still weak...?" Jevin questioned as he gave Joe the thing of carrots. Joe immediately bit at the carrots with a happy noise.

 I yawned and stretched out, " Yeah. He's still pretty weak, but Grian had attacked him last night." I told him as Jevin raised his eyebrow. 

 Jevin turned towards me, " Grian did what?" he questioned in disbelief as I crossed my arms behind my back. I explained to him what happened with Grian turning into a half chicken beast. The half slime gave me an even more confused look. 

 The two of us walked over to a chest and Jevin pulled out some potions. Jevin looked at the potions. I let out a sigh, " Is that the reversal potion?" I asked as Jevin nodded. 

 Jevin sadly looked towards Joe, " It is, but Joe hasn't slipped back into his normal self ever since Evil X got to him." he rubbed his hand against his face, " I've tried everything.... Stress eventually got tired, and when False was able to move again the two went back to False's base." 

 Joe let out a whiny as he put his hoof against the pen; his tail swayed as he licked the posts. I gave Joe a sad look, " Why is he licking  the post?" I questioned as Jevin walked over to Joe and waved a carrot in front of his face.

 The two looked at each other. Joe took the carrot in his mouth and walked back into his corner. Jevin looked towards me with a yawn, " It's how he gets my attention. " he replied as he packed one of the potions into his inventory. 

 " Joe, are you going to be fine by yourself?" Jevin asked as Joe get out a whiny as he nodded. Joe's ears twitched as he kept eating the carrot. Jevin locked up the pen and put more food down.

 The two of us exited left the base after Jevin grabbed a notebook and other supplies from his enderchest. He explained that he was going to take notes over the potion that Grian was accidently hit with, so that maybe he could find a cure that could help both Grian and Joe. 

 ((More of the author running away from Chicken!Grian. The sign now reads " HALP"))

 We landed outside of my base and walked inside. Cub and Scar were still sitting on the bed; the two were cuddling. I honestly didn't want to disturb them, but Cub and Scar separated when we came into the room.

 " Welcome back." Cub yawned as he stood up. Scar let out a tired mumble, " Hellloooooo." he coughed as Jevin kneeled down next to him. Scar looked at Jevin tiredly, " 'Ello Jeeevvvin...." he slurred as Jevin looked at him.

 Jevin looked up at Cub, " Can you remove Scar's bandages? I want to look at the damage inflicted to see how hurt Scar is...." he asked as Cub nodded and sat back down next to Scar. 

 I crossed my arms and grimaced as Cub removed the bandages. Scar let out a low whine as he shook.

 Scar's wounded were closing up, but they were still red and bloody with more cracks forming along the scratch marks. Jevin wrote some scribbles that looked more like unknown markings than actual writing. 

 Jevin stood up at Cub started to clean out Scar's wounds making Scar grumble and hit Cub's leg. Cub sighed, " You have to let me do this...." he whispered as Scar sighed. I watched in silence as Cub finished bandaging Scar up as he put an icepack on Scar's back.

 " 'm back..... sleep..." Scar mumbled as he pulled the blanket back over himself. Cub patted Scar on the head, " Sleep well...." I heard him whisper as he fixed his lab coat.

 Cub looked towards the two of us, " I'm guessing Jevin is here because the cure wasn't ready yet?" he questioned as Jevin and I nodded. Cub yawned as he walked towards the backroom's door. A small brown tail was poking out from behind his lab coat.

 Wait.

 I blinked.

 Cub fixed his lab coat tiredly and the tail was gone. Was Cub secretly a hybrid? I shook my head. 

 I'm probably still tired. 

 I flipped on the light to Grian's room as the three of us entered. 

 Grian was perched in a tree with his wings twitched. He let out a happy cooing noise as he noticed me entering. 

 The only problem was that he immediately tensed up and let out an angry squawk when Jevin entered.

 The chickenized hermit glided down from his perch and rammed himself against the bars.

 " No! Bad Gremlin! Back damnit back!" Cub shouted as he took out a raw fish. Cub threw the salmon threw a small opening in the holding area. 

 Grian flapped his wings and bouncing into the air to catch the salmon. He ran off into a small hole that was dug into the ground. He started to rip into the fish straight down into the bone. 

 " Have you been treating Grian like a wild animal this whole time?!" I cried out as Cub crossed his arms and brushed off his lab coat.

 " Probably. Maybe...... Yeah."