Ruffled Feathers Part 4

Author's note: Grian is good boy. 

 He protecc, he attacc, but most importantly..... He has a good snacc. 

 That isn't human flesh...... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Mumbo's POV:

 I landed swiftly at my base and ran Grian into a backroom past the still sleeping Cub and Scar. Grian let out a confused noise as I tied up his lead to a fence post.

 " I need to made you a high fence...." I sighed as I took out some fence posts from a chest. Grian gave me another confused noise as I built the fence up. The cage, er pen, no, Scar protector,  took up half the room. I filled it with a small pool of water along with seeds in a large bucket. 

 I could've done better on decorations, but decorations aren't what I do for a living on here. Grian pulled on the lead, " Chrrrr...." he wiggled forward and tried to get to me.

 I walked back over to Grian and leaned down in front of him. Grian nuzzled his head against my cheek as his wings fluttered. 

 I wanted to chuckle at this odd behavior, but Grian's actions are very unsettling to say the least. It may be even more unsettling in comparison to what the cat-minded version of me did. 

 Grian gnawed at the rope, " Come here mate...." I sighed as I untied the rope from Grian. I stood up and walked into the area; Grian quickly following behind me with a little hop in his crawling step. 

 I watched as the chicken hopped around and started to eat the seeds. The moment he became distracted with the food and drink I swiftly backed away and closed the door. It clicked and locked as soon as I left.

 Grian must have been incredibly hungry because he completely ignored the sound of him getting locked inside a cage for who knows how long. He seemed way more concerned about food then anything else. 

 He kept eating as his tail waved. Grian laid down and let out a purring noise. 

 I left the room and went back into the main room to find Cub wide awake and giving me a small smirk. He raised his eyebrow.

 " So...." he started to speak in his all-knowing tone, " You brought Grian..... here." I flinched and nodded as he said here. 

 Cub's smirk turned into a frown as he ran his hand through Scar's mangled hair. Scar let out a happy sigh in his sleep.

 " I get that you want Grian to be safe..... Yet here of us places? Your base is a death trap." Cub raised his eyebrow with a shake of his head. 

 " I.... I know, but... but this home area is completely safe! There is nothing that cause someone or something damage here." I told him frantically. Cub sighed. 

 Cub sighed as he looked at the bandages wrapped around Scar's chest and back. Scar twitched with a yawn as he started to wake up. 

 The friendlier convex slowly opened his eyes tiredly. He noticed he was laying across Cub, but he remained in the same spot. He smiled tiredly. 

 " Is...... Is Grian back to normal?" he asked with a slightly dazed look. Cub and I shook our heads.

 " You..... you should talk to..... Jeeeeeevin......" he was incredibly tired as he reclosed his eyes. It seemed impossibly fast, but Scar fell back asleep. Cub shifted his weight to let Scar lay on the bed alone. He tucked Scar in and looked at him sadly.

 The older convex sighed as he crossed his arms and stood up. He looked at me, " Show me Grian..." he looked at me as I nodded quickly.

 We walked into other room slowly as I held my finger up to my lip. 

 Grian had stopped eating as he turned to look at me. A feral noise escaped from his throat when he made eye contact with Cub. He charged forward and smacked against the fences with a growling noise.

 Cub looked at me as I shrugged, " Why is he so hostile to Scar and me?" he questioned as I shook my head. The two of us walked as Grian bounced off the fences with a loud squawking sound as he puffed up his chest, and his wings spread to their full span. 

 " I.... I don't know!" I stuttered as I explained how he was weirdly affectionate towards me. I crossed my arms with a frown. Cub smirked slightly, " That seems nearly as much as you giving Grian love.... The only difference is Grian's mental state...." he put his hand to his chin in thought. 

 He took a long step away from Grian as the angry bird continued to squawk at him. I kneeled down in front of Grian, " Why is the potion effecting you this bad?" I whispered as Grian nuzzled his head against my hand from behind the bars.

 Cub let out a cough, " You should head to Jevin's base and see if you can get him to come over here." he sighed as I stood up. I tilted my head, " Why can't you go? I.... I don't want to leave you guys alone with Grian." 

 Cub shook his head, " I can stun this winged gremlin with my powers. Besides, you're somehow faster than both me and Scar." he explained as he left the room. I looked back at Grian as he laid down and started to sleep.

 I left the room and slowly closed the door. Cub handed me my gear with a small smirk, " Go fast young hermit." he chuckled to himself, " I don't understand...." I mumbled as I walked towards the door. 

 Cub simply shrugged his shoulders, " It's a parody reference man.... No one understands those." he sat down on the floor and took an apple out of his inventory. The two of us looked at each other awkwardly as I shook my head.

 " I.... I'm just going to go see Jevin...." I mumbled awkwardly as Cub nodded with a thumbs up as he bit into his apple. 

 I left my base and started flying towards the shopping district. 

 The hope was that Jevin had been busy coming up with a way to snap Joe out of his horse minded state. 

 If not, then getting Grian back will take a long longer than originally expected.