Ruffled Feathers Part 9

Author's Note: What's with the box? I dunno. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 ((Timeskip to morning brought to you by- " n O G R I A N I GAVE YOU FISH!" the author flees))

 Mumbo:

 I yawned and forced myself up again. Cub was fast asleep and curled up on the ground. 

 The only way someone could tell it was actually Cub was the fact you could see his grey head of hair poking out from underneath the blanket.

 It was weird though. Scar wasn't around, and the front door was locked. The door that led into the side room was closed, and that left two more options left. The bathroom, and 

 Grian's room.

 I shivered at the thought. I need to check the more dangerous option first... Why would Scar even dare go into that room? If did go in there anyways....Grian nearly killed him last time!

 I poked my head through the door to Grian's room.

 Grian was against the wall making fearful squawking sounds as his wings fluffed up. He was looking towards a red box. 

 " ArrrrrAAAAR...." a new noise came out of Grian's mouth as he stared at the box. 

 I looked at the bathroom, " Scar? Scar!" I knocked as a groan came from the other side, " What Mumbo? I'm getting changed out of my dirty clothes!" Scar groaned from the other side.

 " Well, hurry up then! Grian is scared about something, and he just made a weird noise!" I told him as I nervously looked between the bathroom door and Grian's open room. 

 There was some shuffling from inside as Scar exited the room in a fresh brown shirt. He raised his eyebrow tiredly as he looked at me.

 " What are you talking about?" he asked cautiously as he went to wake up Cub. Cub only let out a growl in response causing Scar to shake his head in dismay and follow me into the room.

 Grian was still in the corner of his area making weird noises at the box as he flapped his wings to try and get further away from the box. 

 Scar looked off in the direction of said box, " What is that?" he questioned as he shoved his hands into his pockets. I shrugged my shoulders.

 " I don't know. Grian is terrified of it though." I motioned between Grian and the box with a worried look. Scar sighed, " Well, I don't think we should mess with it." he muttered as I nodded.

 I walked over to Grian's cage, " Grian?" I called out causing the bird to look at me. 

 " Chhhrrr...?!" he let out the familiar noise that he now makes, but it was filled with confused fear as he hurried over to the edge of the cage. 

 Grian looked past me and noticed Scar, but he weirdly didn't freak out or become enraged when he saw him. 

 Scar had noticed this as well, and he approached the cage. He stood behind me with his shoulders drooped. 

 I looked back towards Scar, " Can we please take him out of this cage?" I asked fully accepting the fact that it was a cage now. Scar gave me an unhappy look, " What if he attacks?" he questioned.

 " I'll make sure that you guys are safe. I don't care if I get hurt...." I told him as I clenched my fists. Scar eyed me up and down and soon let out a sigh. He looked back towards Cub, " Cub isn't going to like this...." he muttered as he put his hand to his chin in thought.

 The two of us were now looking at Grian; his usually hallow eyes now had the fearful look of the Grian I have come to know. Was he trying to come through now? 

 Scar let out a long sigh, " Alright..... He has to stay in the corner though...." he told me as I nodded. I walked over to a chest and pulled out the same lead I used on Grian previously.

 I looked back at Scar as he backed away to the far corner of the room. The two of us nodded cautiously as I inched past the block and over to the door. Grian walked over to the door and scratched as it as his tail waved.

 I opened the door and lowered the lead, " Hey Grian.... We're going on a walk..." I slowly told him as he looked at the lead. Grian immediately crawled through the lead with a satisfied look on his face. He chirped at me.

 The two of us made our way around the block slowly. 

 It could've been faster, but Grian had his forehead dug into my leg and that made me stumble a few times. I know I was a spoon with even the simplest of tasks, but Grian made it even harder.

 I heard Scar stifle his laughter as I stumbled into the main room. Grian followed me towards a small fence post in the corner. Scar followed at a safe distance behind us. 

 I tied Grian up to the post and dropped some seeds down in front of him. Grian laid down and licked up the seeds.  He let out a happy noise as he ate the food. 

 " Ccccchhhrrrrr~" he made a little cooing noise as he bit at the food. Scar and I were about to sit down on the floor, but there was a knock that suddenly came from the door.

 Scar and I looked at each other. We walked over to the door and I slowly opened it. I let out a sigh and opened the door.

 Joe was at the door; his legs were covered in bandages. The good news was that his bottom half was that of his normal self; however, the bad news was that his ears were still horse like. Joe's hand was also still a hoof.

 " Greetings everyone. Terribly sorry for my sudden intrusion." he apologized with an awkward smile. I shook my head, " You're never intruding Joe. It's good to see you almost back to normal." I smiled as I allowed him in.

 Joe looked around, " It feels nice to be back. After you and Jevin left, " he started to explain as his ear twitched, " I regained enough sensibility to drink the potion that Jevin left out accidently. My insides burned like the nether, yet thankfully I blacked out."

 " I woke up to Jevin bandaging up my bloody legs, and he filled me in on Grian's situation." he looked at Grian with a sigh. Grian looked up at Joe with a happy look on his face.

 " Why is Grian not going all murder mode on Joe right now?" Scar questioned with his head cocked to the side. Joe and I shrugged our shoulders, " I'm not that big of a threat." Joe simply answered as he pulled out a potion and handed it to me. I looked down at the bottle of red liquid in my hand. 

 The cure to this mess.