17) Camp

They had walked for so long that everyone decided to set up for a camping spot. Amongst the whistling birds and the quiet mumble of the leaves, the group were exhausted after their expedition.

Naruto, after having pushed the wheel barrow all day had slumped himself on a log and sighed to himself.

"Your so lucky fish person. You get to relax whilst I carry you!"

"What?" Suigetsu rose from his puddle. "It's not my fault. You just lack energy!"

Naruto took his fists in annoyance, "So do you if you can't bring yourself to walk!"

"Whatever... I'm still tired after today. I'm surprised you still have energy to yap along!"

Naruto was going to reply, but his fatigue had bathed within him and he ended up lying along the ground with no hesitation. Suigetsu looked at him and then turned back to a puddle.

A few metres across, Sakura had been settling some issues with Sasuke. The two were worrying over something trivial and it was up to them to settle the mystery of ROOT.

"Are you positive that happened?"

"Affirmative."

"Just a moment Sakura!" Anko burst forth into the discussion.

"We have your story of Danzo invading into the hokage office, but where's the evidence?"

Sakura felt a wave of panic cross her face. Soon however, Sasuke noticed.

"Sakura's not the type of person to lie Anko sensei-"

"I know that. I would trust the girl with my life since she saved it. But we need evidence about ROOT and Danzo."

"What about his hate for the uchiha?"

"I'm sorry?"

"I got the same feeling as well..." Sasuke layered his cloth to sleep on for the night within the ground. "The man hates me with a passion. His attitude before you left konoha was dirty. I think he's a suspicious character."

"I guess..." Anko sighed to herself, "But keep yourself contained for now. I'll speak later about it. I need some sleep."

Anko yawned to herself and left without a word of exit. The two that were left behind looked at each other. Sakura knew the feeling conveyed by her friends expression so she tried to help.

"You feel useless, don't you?"

He was caught by surprise, but Sasuke hid his true emotions, "What are you mumbling about."

"Oh."

"I'm heading to sleep. See you tomorrow."

That was the wrong thing to do to her. Ashamed of herself, Sakura went off the the other side of the area and slept there. She was awake the whole night. Her thoughts ran through her in circles and did not dare escape her. The more she thought about it, the less she liked herself.

"I really am useless-"

"No you aren't."

She jolted upright and turned her head. It was Anko who disturbed her peace. Slowly, Sakura adjusted herself to a comfortable position.

"How are you here?"

"I overheard you and Sasuke whilst I was heading to bed. Forgive him, he's a little hard to reach."

"I already know."

"The point is, you killed Kabuto. Without you, we could not have healed Naruto when he was poisoned. Don't be hard on yourself. Your team needs you more then you realise."

"They... they do?"

"Of course." Anko slumped on the ground to comfort Sakura. "Don't ever doubt yourself. If anything, I proved to be the most worthless in our mission, but you don't see me being down about it, do you?"

"No, I don't."

"That's right." Anko got back up, "Your probably still gonna feel like this later on, but just know that whilst it may sometimes be the case, today you worked wonders for us!"

Hearing this brought new meaning to the young girl. She smiled ear to ear.

"Thank you Anko!"

"No worries." She put her hand up whilst leaving, "Get a good rest. I need to catch some too."

After she left Sakura had finally slept peacefully that night. Her thoughts ceased and she finally found peace with herself. Anko, a high ranking jounin, managed to bring her spirits up. She would always be eternally grateful to her.

______________________________________________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. Danzo Of ROOT
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher
10. Yamato as Naruto's new teacher
11. Sai of ROOT
12. Shizune as Tsunade's assistant
13. Tonton as Tsunade's pig
14. Suigetsu the liquid mystery
15. Kabuto as a villain