16: Morning

I wake up entangled in Sean's arms. I don't recall anything about spooning last night but here I am now, legs entangled with his, my head on top of his chest with my right arm over his waist. I'm actually comfortable in this position, a lazy grin widening my lips.

I raise my head from his chest and take my time looking at his sleeping figure. He looks different from the normal Sean I know, more peaceful and less annoying. He looks like a hot baby. Does that even exist?

So now I'm thinking about stupid things. Real mature.

"I'm gonna go." I say half whispering like someone could hear us.

He opens his eyes slowly as if thinking about something before letting go of my arm and I use that to get away from him and his body. I took my time taking a shower all the while making myself forget about everything that happened last night but still keeping the knowledge Sean shared with me last night.

I didn't dwell much on all of it though, wanting to ignore the stuff I know about somebody else's family. It's not good for me to join in their family drama and I don't intend to. I went downstairs to find Sean not in his usual seat by the kitchen island. He would normally be sitting down there when I get down eating his pancakes and I wonder if I did something wrong for him to not do his usual routine today.

Aunt Claire had her back to me, her body half covered by the refrigerator door she was holding open. "Hi Claire, do you know where Sean is?" I say as I meekly enter the kitchen. Claire shuts the refrigerator and turns around to look at me with a humble smile.

"He's already by the garage and told me that you should eat your breakfast without him." I frown suddenly and Claire notices.

"Don't worry dear, he didn't look mad. He looked like his usual self." She adds but I still can't help the pang of uncertainty in my chest. I feel like something's wrong and that I'm involved.

She doesn't know we're in a relationship.

I didn't want him to wait for me so I grabbed a granola bar and slung my bag over my shoulder before waving goodbye to Claire who insisted that I sit down and have a proper breakfast. I didn't mention to her what I felt and simply told her that I needed to get to school early today. That was a complete lie but no harm's done with getting to school early today.

I find Sean's all too familiar black Porsche waiting for me as I walk down the series of steps from the front door. How did he get it back? I have no clue.

Sean doesn't show any movement of greeting as I enter the car, his face impassive as always, he just simply drove away from his house. We remain in silence apart from the current song I'm not too favorable of.

"Can I change the song?" He nods without looking my way and I can't help but suck a sharp breath. I changed the song to one of Taylor Swift's which I know Sean doesn't like.

By now he should've groaned and changed the station but he doesn't and I know why. He doesn't want to do anything that concerns me. Which means he's just gonna pretend I'm not there and that I didn't just change the song into one he hates.

This makes me furious. I didn't even do anything wrong. Was it wrong to slip out of his bedroom this morning? I guess not. He does understand that I'm a girl and that I have certain things to do early in the morning.

We pull up into one of the parking lots near the entrance of the school and we both get out of the car without a single word. Sean still doesn't make a move of acknowledgement and my anger just bubbles up more. He wants to do this the hard way then. Fine.

Guess we're not doing our brilliant plan today then.

I angrily stomp off away from him and towards where I see Caitlin and Emma cautiously looking at me occasionally glancing at Sean whom I left behind. As much as I would want to see his face I won't glance back at him. I don't. I won't.