1: The Couple Fest

Student Council meetings with the whole senior class is the worst. They talk about how to protect the environment and maintaining hygiene in the school but they don't even do any straight action. Today, however had a big difference. The popular group of our senior class became so smart all of a sudden that the grades of the whole senior class' grade skyrocketed.

What do I mean by that?

It just means that 80% of the popular clan became geeks. And with the added grades of us nerds, the whole class has a high rank and this helps out the school. 

The student council decided to throw us a one of a kind party this weekend. And that's why I'm sitting here, intently listening to the student president, Amy. Her dark blue dress stands out and its mostly what I can see from the back of the class. Her short blonde locks are laid behind her back while she speaks in her weird made-up accent in front. She's not one of the popular girls but she's not one of the nerds either. She knows how to dress nice and how to be a smart-ass at the same time.

"This year's Couple Fest would be different from the previous years. You don't get to choose your own partner, but-"

There was a loud groans from the popular guys and grins from the nerds, while I just put on a blank face. You see, since the nerds aren't all that pretty, most of them expect to be partnered with the hot guys. Like my two best friends for example.

I glanced at both of them beside me, they look so excited while I'm just patiently sitting here, half interested in this topic. I'm quite the opposite of them. They both like Sean for instance. The Sean who loves to use girls like paper and throw them away when he's finished. I don't get why all the girls would die just to be kissed by him. 

I hate those kind of guys. What I would like in my life is to be just a simple girl and finish high school and go to college and get married with the right guy. I know its not even possible to find the perfect guy but its worth a shot. With all the rumors I hear about Sean, it would be impossible for me to like him just like all the other girls do.

Anyways, like I said, Caitlin and Emma have been my bestfriends since first grade. Its quite stupid that even though Emma has a boyfriend named Logan from the football team, she still has a tiny crush on Sean. Who wouldn't? I agree that he is good looking but he's bad news. Skipping classes and banging girls? That's a total turn off for me. But when I told that to both of them, they just said: "That's what makes him hot!"

I shook my head from the thought. I looked around the crowd of students gathered in the school gym for the announcement. From the back of the class, I could easily see Sean with a dark haired girl making out in the middle of the crowd. With Sean's height and large body, you could easily spot him. Wearing one of his signature dark leather jackets. Although I don't know how many ones he has.

The kind of PDA they're showing is disgusting. The girl's legs wrapped around Sean's waist and they look like they're sucking each other's face off. She has her hands held so tightly around Sean's neck and hair like she doesn't want to let go and its like the end of her world already if she does.

I scrunched my nose in disgust. I looked back at Amy who is now explaining about the activity.

"We all know about the yearly event held for Juniors which is the Couple Fest. Trust me that the partner you get won't be chosen by us but by you. In these bowl I'm holding right now, you get to pick a number and the guy or girl you get from these will be you partner for the ball. It will be mandatory that you hold onto your partner for the rest of the night."

That earned a few snickers from the middle of the crowd. I knew exactly what they were thinking while I glanced at the others in my area and they looked confused.