Chapter 2: Pretend

After saying bye to his mom, Aryan is joined by his friends Prasad, Richa, Ajay, and Nikita and they are discussing their school life and other topics.

Prasad: Aryan, are you listening to me? Hey...

Aryan: (breaks his silence) Yes what?

Prasad: What are you thinking bro?

Aryan: Nothing...

Nikita: (teases Aryan) Maybe something to eat.

Richa: Whatever.. why will he thinking about eating all the time??..

Ajay: (starts patting Aryan's stomach) Because of this...

*Everyone laughs except Richa*

Richa: Enough of your lame jokes...

Aryan: It's fine... I don't mind...

Richa: (in an angry tone) That's the problem Aryan... Everyone in school makes fun of you, but you never say anything to them...

Aryan: What I should say to all? I'm fat... I'm ugly and it's part of my life and if people love making fun of me... I'm fine...

Ajay: (feels guilty) Hey buddy I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you...

Aryan: It's fine...

Nikita: I'm sorry too.

Aryan: Nevermind...

*Meanwhile they reach school and they all enter to their class and everyone out there is discussing with each other and Aryan is on a way to sit on his bench where he sits alone*

Richa: Hey Aryan why don't you sit here with Ajay...

Shyam: Please no, we won't get a single place to sit..(others start laughing)

Aryan: It's fine... I'm happy with my seat...

Richa: (worried) I don't know what to do..argghh...

Nikita: What happened Richa? Why have you been so worried about him? You know we been teasing him for so long and now he might be used to it...

Richa: (anger tone) Do you feel good to even say this? You know he even doesn't speak about it. Doesn't he feel bad? Do you ever thought of how he feels about all this...

Nikita: Relax bro...

*Meanwhile Mrs. Sharma enters the class*

Students: (in the chorus) Good morning teacher...

Mrs. Sharma: Good morning class. So I will call your role number just stay attentive...

*Mrs. Sharma starts calling student's name one by one*

Mrs. Sharma: Aryan? Aryan?...

Aryan: Yes mam... I'm sorry...

Mrs. Sharma: What were you dreaming ha? Just pay attention idiot...

*Everyone laughs*

Aryan: Sorry mam...

Ajay: (excited) Well today is Monday and you know our 7th period is of games.

Prasad: Yes bro...

Mrs. Sharma: So class today we are going to read this passage and our aim would be to revise grammar too. So class takes out your notebook...