Chapter 1: Aryan's world

Aryan (in his dream): I know I look handsome, stop saying that Richa. I know you like me and even I like you ...

* His dream was interrupted by a loud noise*

Mrs Chaya: (in rip-roaring tone) Aryan, wake up!!! you are getting late for your school.

Aryan: (he murmurs as he opens his eyelids) Damn!! when this fucking dream would turn to reality.

Chaya: Get up son... You are already late for school...

Aryan: Mom, it's okay.. even if I reach school early, no one will notice me...

Mrs Chaya: Why are you saying such things? You do have a lot of friends, don't you?

Aryan: (in lousy tone) Ya ya I do... I do...

Mrs Chaya: So wake up and brush your teeth and...

*Interrupts his mom*

Aryan: Relax mom, I'm not a kid relax...

Mr Siddharth: (angry tone) Yes, yes your son has become so responsible that he can take care of himself...

Aryan: (low tone) As expected, my morning is incomplete without him yelling at me.

Mr Siddharth: (gets furious) What did you just say?

Aryan: Nothing...

Mr Siddharth: Come here you fatso, look at yourself and those other kids. All you do is just sleep, eat and make us embarrassed. You are good for nothing, it would have been better if you were not born.

Aryan: (smiles softly) Okay dad, I'm sorry for being so bad...

Mrs Chaya: Relax Siddharth, this is not the right way to talk to him...

* Aryan enter his washroom and can still hear them talking*

Mr Siddharth: It is because of you, he's becoming so lazy. Look at all those kids he goes school with, how smart they look, and then there is this Aryan. He is just a lazy goose. (throws the newspaper in a wave of anger toward the floor)

Mrs Chaya: But he's our kid.. we shouldn't say such things to him. it could affect him negatively.

Mr Siddharth: (angry tone) ya, of course, you care about that, at times I feel so shame of being his father. People laugh at me. They keep telling me.. " oh Sid looks at your son and do something" "you look so fit and your son is too fat* "Sid, your son looks so funny" .. I'm fed up with him.

Mrs Chaya: Don't say such things, Sid. If he gets to know all this, he will feel sad...

Mr Siddharth: Let him feel sad. At least he will realize how embarrassing we are having him...

( Leaves room in a fit of anger)

* Meanwhile Aryan looks at himself in a mirror in washroom*

Aryan: (Talking to himself) See how ugly you are.. even your dad is ashamed of you and all you were dreaming of Richa kissing at you...

Why she's gonna even think of you? You are an ugly, fat and so boring person...

Mrs Chaya: (in a worried tone) Aryan come here...

Aryan: (fakes a smile) Yes mom...

Mrs Chaya: I know you heard everything. See it's not that dad doesn't love you, it's just...

Aryan: (wipe tears from his mom's eyes) It's okay mom.. you know you don't look good while you are crying... And mom I know dad doesn't mean it...

Mrs Chaya: (hugs him and start crying) I know you keep all these with yourself. Just let it come out and cry if things do hurt you. It's good to cry sometime...

Aryan: Mom you know, I do cry, sometimes but only in the shower. The only place where water gets mixed with my tears making everything even.

Mrs Chaya: (cries) I'm so sorry Aryan...

Aryan: Don't cry mom, it's me who should say sorry to you and dad, for making you both feel embarrassed all the time...

Mrs Chaya: No my son... It's not like that...

Aryan: It's okay mom. Being fat is directly proportional to being ugly. Well, I will leave for my school now.. See you in the evening...

Mrs Chaya: But breakfast?

Aryan: I'm not hungry mom. I will eat something from the canteen...

Mrs Chaya: (hugs Aryan) Remember my son, for me you are handsome and the most beautiful soul ever been to this world.

Aryan: I know mom... Thank you.. bye...

Mrs Chaya: bye...

To be continued...

Written by: RAHUL PANT @iraj16

Edited by: RIYASHI CHANDAK.