Chapter 14: The Disguised Stalker

ابدأ من البداية

"I guess we can go grab some food at the dining hall, and you'll meet us there when you're done?" Hailey offered and he agreed, splitting up from us. He glanced at me quickly before turning around, which caused him to bump into a few people clumsily.

"Sorry sorry." He muttered, holding someone steady before they fell over.

I cackled like a satanic demon in my head. Thats what you get.

Hailey hooked her arm around mine and pulled me to walk faster, ultimately dragging me since I was so tired. Where the hell does her energy come from?

The dining hall was packed, the aroma of food so strong you can smell it a mile before you inched near the entrance. The lines were lengthy too, but I didn't exactly plan to come here to eat anyways, and neither did Hailey.

Or so I thought.

The moment we entered, she made a beeline towards the greasy food line which served mashed potatoes, fries, pizza and other unhealthy things. Of course.

I reluctantly left her to wait in line for her grease and went to scout out a place to sit instead of unpleasantly standing next to her like a lost child. A group of noisy students had just started to clean up a table in the middle of the hall, and even though I didn't really want to sit in the danger zone, I had no choice. It was free taco Tuesday, which meant students willing to skip classes just to stand in line to get one. If I don't take this seat, we might have to go somewhere else.

Just when I was starting to get annoyed from the commotion and the wait, Hailey eventually appeared again.

"Finally!" I exaggerated, watching her skip towards me with too many plates than she can handle in her tiny arms. "What the hell did you buy, the entire menu?"

"Not quite" she grinned, sticking a handful of fries into her mouth and plopping down across from me. I even had to move my laptop and notebooks to make room for her absurd amount of food on the table, to which she gladly started feasting on. "So, why you giving the cold shoulder to Deanster?" She spoke after demolishing two tacos.

I was at least grateful she was taking a light approach to all of this, because I don't think I could withstand another headache from thinking.

"Dude" I scoffed, "haven't you seen the way hes been acting with me recently?"

"I have, I have." she nodded, pieces of fries escaping her full mouth as she spoke. Gross.

She pointed at me with a fry. "But you know why."

"I know why my ass." I rolled my eyes. "If you're on the verge of saying 'because he cares about you', please save your breath. That's a ridiculous way to care about someone."

"Ridiculous..." She repeated, swallowing her food and paying more attention to me now. "You think us caring about who you spend your time with is ridiculous? What if-"

"Little lady!" a new voice interrupted. "What a pleasant surprise!"

The broad shouldered man grabbed a nearby chair, which was already taken, and flipped it around to sit with his legs dangling from either side of it. Like a caveman.

"It's Z-dog, don't you remember me?" He grinned, holding his hands up. "I changed my hair!" he hollered, running his fingers through the now silvery tumbled up hair. It looked even more wild than I recalled.

Of course I remembered the giant oaf of a brother in Hades's house yesterday. The events were pretty much seared into my mind.

"How-why are you here??" I asked skeptically.