Chapter 14: The Disguised Stalker

~Aurora's Point of View~

"Baby, wake up." A gentle voice sounded.

I groaned, not wanting to leave the soft, blissful pool of warmth I was laying in.

"Wake uu-uup." It said again in a sing-songy tune. For some reason, this particular voice felt so good to listen to. I didn't mind laying in a little longer.

"Wake up!" It yelled this time, sounding a little...hostile?

"WAKE UP FUCKERS!"

"YOU SHITHEADS!" The voice, now sounding much more familiar, bellowed from behind a door.

I groaned a different kind of groan this time, shifting to bury my face under the pillow. It was Dean, and I made a gagging noise, realizing that the angelic voice from my dreams was a messed up version of that asshole screaming his head off.

"Oh fuck, fuck we're late! Aurora get your ass up and out my house, you lazy ass!"

I was too dazed to answer her, and contemplated laying in to skip classes all together. Besides, I haven't been doing that well anyways. Consider this a "fuck that" moment?

Maybe if I fall back asleep, I'd be able to hear that voice again....

"MOTHERFUCKERS!" He screamed once more, forcing my droopy eyelids wide open. I took that tone as a last warning and heaved myself up, a birds nest made of my own hair rising with me.

Here we go.

***

I barely slept last night and my body showed it. I couldn't stop analyzing everything that had happened that day, and when I could, I was trying to make sense of it all. Maybe I wish I hadn't met Hades. Or maybe I wish I could see more of Hades. Would he even answer my questions if I had the guts to ask them?

Apart from all of this, Hailey barely slept too. She was tossing and turning in her god damned bed all night, not even seemingly grateful for having slept in a luxurious bed and not an air mattress.

I don't even know whats going on with Hailey. One minute, she's fine, and the next shes freaking out about something I can't begin to understand.

The number one reason to all of my concerns?

Communication problems.

Of course, this summed up explanation couldn't be my answer to the red faced professor shouting at me across the lecture hall at this very moment. Or could it?

"Sir, I'm sorry but I'm afraid we didn't get much sleep last-"

"O-hoh, you too miss Anders? If you cannot seem to withstand the excruciating ringing of my voice in your ears at this early hour of the day, you're more than welcome to leave." The professor chuckled, hand on his goatee and other on his hip. His raised eyebrow seemed to challenge us to speak up, which no one would dare to. Not this professor.

This was all because my head was lolling earlier, and I had finally given up to resting it on the desk. My professor wouldn't allow it even if his life was on the line. But we couldn't leave if our lives were on the line, because that equals a deduction of points in our grades, and I'm already doing bad as is.

Hailey's attempt at helping me was futile because he was on thin ice and it seems that I was the lucky student who tossed him a 10 lb weight; he kicked us out. Me for sleeping (I wasn't even sleeping), Hailey for talking back, and Dean just followed us like a dumbass.

"I have calc in twenty minutes." Dean spoke as Hailey and I followed him through the hall. "Can you guys wait it out?"

"No." "Sure." Hailey and I said in unison. I gave her a look, and she squinted at me. I don't really want to deal with him right now, but seems like Hailey and him are as close as ever.