THE CHAPTER 26

It was as if my heart had shattered into pieces as I looked at George's face. He didn't say a word, not one...and neither did I. He turned around, looking at Matty where he sat, playing with his guitar in the living room...then back to me.

"It's Matty, isn't it?" He finally asked.

I shrugged, turning back to my clothes and folding them, "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry...I never meant for any of this to happen." I said.

"I can't believe this...I can't believe... you." He said.

"I told you, I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?" I said, continuing to fold them and not looking up a second time.

"I don't fucking know...I just want to fucking know how?" He asked.

"George..." I walked over to the door, shutting it for the sake of our privacy. "You left me...alright, and when you were gone Matty was here and I didn't care at the time but as time went on I did...and last night when you were gone--"

"Don't fucking say it." The look upon his face made my heart race. It was as if he could burst within seconds and all I hoped was that he wouldn't confront Matty a second time over me.

"It wasn't like it was on purpose..." I said.

"You slept with him..." he shook his head, disgusted with the sight of me. I wanted to hide away, I could no longer stand before him.

"I didn't...we kissed and then we stopped before any of that. I know you're mad at me and you have all the right to be but it's really not worth the trouble, I'm going back to California and you guys won't have to worry about me anymore. All I've done was cause trouble and I'm sorry." I knew I screwed up, and I had to own up to it.

He looked around, lost and confused, "I don't ever want to see you again. Have Matty take you to the airport." He said, walking out of the room. I watched him go, wishing there was something more I could say, and thinking to myself how differently was me kissing Matty from him cheating on his girlfriend with me when we hooked up...though realizing the difference...which was the fact that I was something he'd always wanted and continued to leave him.

I waited for the raging argument from the living room, though all that came to sound was the slamming of the front door. I sat at the end of the bed, covering my face and holding back every tear that tried to ease its way out. Matty's boots clicked against the hard floors, pushing the bedroom door open slowly.

"What's wrong with George? He just left..." He asked.

I looked up at him with bloodshot eyes which stung and weighed heavy, "I told him..."

Matty, much to high to think straight, furrowed a brow, "told him..."

"About us last night." I said.

"Wait, you told him? I thought we agreed to keep it between us?!" He asked.

"I had to...I couldn't keep it from him...I'm catching the next flight home."

"So that's it? You're just leaving?"

"Yeah," I said flatly, "what reason do I have to stay?" I asked.

"Look it was my fault," he said, "I kissed you...its not like you kissed me. I'll talk to George and try to sort this all out--"

"It's not like that. When you kissed me I liked it. I wanted you to keep going and only stopped you because I thought of George. I'm falling for you everyday and you were right, it is because of me and nothing else. I can't sit around here and pretend anymore."