THE CHAPTER 5

The night was already crazy enough, and sitting on the bathroom floor of a club was the last thing I expected to end up doing. I glared at every broad who broke their necks to get a look at Monica as she tried to come to her senses...nearly scaring them away to have the room to ourselves.

"Monica?" I asked, the only sound I was able to get from her between the car and the bathroom was a mumble. I pushed her hair out of her face, searching my wrists for a hair tie.

She looked around frantically, "where are the guys? The 1975? I swear you told me to meet you around the side, I did, then like, you were in this van, with them and I got in and everyone was there, Matty, Ross--"

I laughed slightly, pulling her hair into a ponytail, "Monica, Monica, please...you passed out right in Matty's lap." I shook my head.

"In his lap?" She whispered, a smile spreading across her face.

I nodded, wondering what the guys were doing on the other side of the raggedy doors.

"That means I was close enough to his--"

"Monica!" My jaw dropped slightly, she laughed and got onto her feet carefully, going to the mirror and checking her makeup.

"Oh please, I know how you feel about Jim Morrison. So how come I can't feel like that about Matty Healy?" She asked.

"Jim Morrison, was a legend." I got up as well, leaning against the wall.

"So is Matty." She said, raising a brow as she smirked.

"I can't with you, I'll meet you out front, alright?" I couldn't help but laugh again at how much awe she was in with Matty. To me he was just a regular guy...I suppose because I knew him.

"Alright," I heard Monica say as I pushed the door open. I looked around the darkened room, in search of George. With his height, I didn't expect it to be as hard as it was to find him. The shadows of bodies dancing all around me made me feel cluttered. I took a seat at the bar stool, bobbing my head to 2 On by Tinashe as it tuned in. As it wasn't my usual scene I began to regret the night and all the efforts I'd made make it happen.

I shouldn't have told Monica I knew them, I shouldn't have waited outside, or even talked to George. I propped my elbow up on the table, requesting straight Vodka to the tender.

"There you go, how's your friend? Monica, right?" I turned around at George's voice.

Unable to help but smile, I nodded, "yeah, Monica. She's good now." I laughed.

He took a seat beside me as my drink slid across the bar table to me, I took it and downed it quickly. I could feel his eyes on me as I did so, though I didn't seem to care. I needed it...

"I still can't believe you're in front of me right now." He said.

I unintentionally looked over at him, regretting it as Stay by Jodeci took over as the previous song faded out. I laughed slightly, so did he. "Me neither..." I said.

"I honestly thought I'd never see you again." He said.

There were too many questions, and too many thoughts for me to stay on a single topic. I bit my tongue before finally speaking again, "I'm really proud of you...all of you. It's really cool...what you're doing now." I nodded, "I didn't even know you guys were...big now. Monica showed me."

George's smile had lasted so long I would've sworn it was permanent, "thank you."

I nodded, "you're welcome...." I looked around for sight of Monica or any of the others, "I don't really go out much, especially to clubs." I mentioned.