THE CHAPTER 2

I turned around as Monica walked through the front door, flashing a toothy grin at me as she tossed her glossy black hair over her shoulders.

"What's with you?" I asked, turning back to my laptop where I sat on the couch, utterly comfortable with my legs wrapped in the warmest of blankets.

Monica and I started out as only room mates, though through time she became my best friend. We studied at the same university together for a while studying science, until she decided to take on another path ...and I no longer had the money to attend, being that my parents have never been any help in my life at all. I worked two part time jobs at a time. Before rooming with Monica, I lived off tips from the restaurant while my checks were only enough for the rent to stay in the cruddy apartment I lived in.

She hurried over to me, throwing down her purse, "okay I know you hate celebrities and everything,"

I looked up from my laptop, raising an eyebrow.

"Wait," she held up her hand, laughing slightly, "before you say anything, these guys aren't...actual celebrities...I mean like they are but like...they're the cool kind...they're not full of themselves." She explained.

"Go on." I looked back down to my laptop, chuckling.

She sighed slightly, "okay, my co-worker had two tickets to see this band, the show is tonight... they're called The 1975 and they're really good. It's just the type of stuff you like. They have cute little accents too, like you!" She said, pulling the tickets from her pocket and flashing them at me. I laughed at her last comment, I didn't understand what was so great about having an accent.

I held my hand out for them, still staring at the screen of the laptop, fixed on the YouTube tutorial I couldn't tear my eyes away from. As I felt them in my hands I then took a look, sighing.

"What kind of music is it?" I asked.

"It's hard to explain, their sound is kind of...controversial. It's like a rock pop sound but no one song sounds the same..." she said hesitantly, "look them up!" She plopped down beside me, staring at my laptop.

I didn't need to look them up to know their sound would most likely be something I wasn't into, I shook my head, chuckling as I typed in their band name. The first thing popping up read Girls. I clicked it, waiting for the ad.

"If they're shit I'm not going." I said, even though I always tried, Monica was the kind of girl you couldn't say no to, she had the biggest brownest eyes, and a doll-like face of such delicate features.

"They're not." She protested.

As the video tuned in I sat back in my seat, listening to them rant about how they weren't a pop band. Their clothes were sharp and their hairstyles just as. I waited for some hard rock n roll to come next, though to my surprise it was nothing close. With the camera soon zoomed in on who was seemingly the band's frontman, I sat up slightly, studying his face.

I waited to see the others, squinting my eyes and feeling around beside me for my glasses.

"See, you like them already," said Monica with a smirk.

I grabbed the pair of glasses, looking at each one of them. One, two, three, four of them...I unfolded them and put them on at last, getting a clear eye's view. I began to feel delusional, for each one looked ever so familiar to me.

"What's wrong?" She asked, looking at me.

I ignored her asking, trying to first figure out the same for myself, "...nothing."

I laughed slightly, covering my mouth, "nothing...nothing...I just thought I knew these guys." I shook my head, throwing my hand a bit.

"What do you mean?" Monica asked.