ME MERE |TUESDAY | PART 5 (763 words)

Wouldn't you Adam and Eve it, me very own mere is here.

Me Michelle is in her makeshift suit; a frilly skirt and a plain blouse with the buttons opened to expose her cleavage. She must want the honourable judge O'Malley to capture a bit of her tits, slut. Her black hair is tousled. She has sallow skin and is rather svelte with curvy hips I might point out. Her nose is fucked so it is. It's all too obvious she is a regular user of Charlie ya see. She is a beauty though, I suppose. I can't really deny her that claim to fame now, can I?

"Shouldn't you be at school?" She asks me as if she cares. "And who is this lovely young lady?" Me Michelle reeks of cheap cider and the oily rag but this putrid smell is masked by some cheap cologne. She goggles at Angie and licks her dry lips, and attempts to steady herself as she takes another drag of a cigarette. "She is cute, Jesse," she approves of me lady friend.

"I'd like you to meet a friend," I say.

"Girlfriend?" Me Michelle asks with a cheeky grin.

"Na," I say but Angie had her own idea.

"We're not conformists," me dearest Angelina says.

"Never said you were pet," me Michelle replies inhaling Her cigarette deeply. "Jesse here don't conform either dear."

"We don't use labels," Angie adds. "But we are dating," she looked at me to gauge me response. Me peepers grow wider, what the fuck like and I offer half a nod. "Yeah she says, we are dating as a matter of fact."

"Assertive, confident, beautiful, mmm. I like her Jess. Oh before I forget I must thank you for cleaning up the house, the living room at least. I appreciate it."

"No worries," I say. "Someone had to do it."

"But you're a fucker for taking all the milk."

"Jeez, I'm sorry about that." I'm not really. "But if I recall it was me who did the shopping this week. Was it? You know where the shop is right?"

"Don't be snarky," me Michelle gives me the cold shoulder. "Want a fag?" she asks Angelina. Me Michelle sparks up another, she knows better than to ask me. Not that I'm against smokers it's just I have been off them now for a good solid year and ideally I want to stay that way, thank you very much.

"Sure," Angie says. "So, Miss. Kashmir - "

"Miss. Kashmir," me Michelle repeats. "All respectful like. Call me Michelle, Jesse always does."

"OK..."

I know me Michelle is attempting to corrupt the mind of me dearest Angelina. She is succeeding.

"Michelle," Angie says. Me mere smiles. "Are you a bit of a Goth - "

"And I thought you didn't use labels me dear?" Me Michelle points out.

"No, but - "

"In a sense I am, I was brought up on headbanger music ya'c. Punk like. Sex n pistols n the Stooges. I could go on. I love a bit a ard music."

I intervene in the conversation. "So, what are you in for?" I get straight to the point. "Public order, drugs - "

"Failure to pay the fucking TV license, can you believe that?" She throws her arm akimbo. Takes a drag and at the same time eyes up potential clients many are half her age.

"Ah, no fucking way!" I say. "Seriously?"

"Really!" Angie interrupts.

I can tell me Michelle is on edge. It is hard to tell if she has had to many drugs or not enough. "Yeah, I'll get a slap on the wrist... I think," she winks at a bad boy, another sham. He is not much older than I.

"Who is representing you?"

She tuts, stomping her fag out on the pavement. "Who do you think," she says with pure venom.

"Denny?" I guess. He is the busiest solicitor in town. He deals with the legal aid stuff ya'c. A lock of work is always on his plate more than he would like to digest.

"Who else," she says. "Fat bald fecker, better get me off with a slap on the wrist."

"Why don't you just...ya know. Buy a god damn TV license?" I icily say.

"Why don't you," she snaps back. "You watch it more than me. Come on, you guys going in or what?"

"Yea come on then," I say.

We walk in through the blue door and the place is packed with scum.

What a first impression Angie has of me waster of a mum.