THE TENSION | TUESDAY | PART 2 (942 words)

I had not seen any of me fellow freaker's, but then again, I was in school relatively early like. I went to the changing room and around the back, by the auld oak tree, I sat up on the wall all Pat Malone like and proceeded to spark up a joint and relax. Another, I know, I'm awful. Bite me, nothing more enjoyable than a toke say what - what. That first drag is magical.

I formulated some auld scheme as to why I could not do phys ed today. I would do this each and every time I had this frigging class, I loathed it so I did. Then, it clicked. I decided to tell auld McDaid the truth. I simply didn't want to do phys ed and that I could not be forced to either. It was a real waste a me time like. My time is valuable and could be better spent. In the study hall for example cramming last years math into a two hour session. 

The sky is leaden, and it might rain at any second, typical. Just like yesterday. Ah, blessed memories when you fall in love, at first sight, I shan't forget me first impression of Angelina Rigby. Me dark angel.

There were more a me classmates awaiting auld McDaid now. I stood in silence and minded me own business. Again I got called "Freaker," and again I ignored the chant and then they started to get aggressive. Led by the Sham Dan "The Man" McHonda.

McHonda came up to me face and gave me a gentle kiss, (a minor headbutt,) like. "Heard your moms, a right slut." he kindly informs me what I already know. "Would she suck me off?" He looked all dure in front of the class. some smiled others kept there head down. I would not rise to the bait. 

She probably would. I feigned a smile and said naught. I'm not shy of a fair auld scrap, say what - what. One on ne like, but unfortunately and usually in this town when you have altercations with one person you have altercations with a group, not worth the aggro in truth.

"Kashmir you fucking wanker," McHonda snaps. His psychotic side seeping out bit by bit. I can tell he will have a first-class long-lasting residency in the Joy long before he kisses thirty. That is the prison to you and me.

"Three-times a day." I try to joke. Big mistake.

"You what!" McHonda snaps. Twas about to hit me I reckon, that is until auld McDaid showed up and casually intervened. McDaid is the phys ed educator. He is fit as you might expect with a skinhead, big beak fireman's hose. His stern peepers meant he was not in the mood for any crap today.

"McHonda," auld McDaid said and me foe cocked his head around. "Have we a problem?" The assertive teacher asked.

"No sir," McHonda replied.

"Kashmir?" McDaid's peepers turn to me.

I'm no grass.

"No," I tell him outright.

"Right then," McDaid says paying me a queer look. He takes his keys out from his pocket and looks for the right one to open the door to the changing room.

McHonda whispers something sweet into me ear. "I'll get chu freaker," he says. "If it's the last thing I do," he said this with real venom like.

Is it cause I wear all black? Is it cause of me long hair? Is it cause I don't listen to dance? Why does he hate me so? Not that I care, but all this attention is needless.

McHonda like the rest of the class floods into the dimly lit changing room.

I approach auld McDaid. Don't I.

"Kashmir its phys ed where are yer clothes?"

"Look," I say. "I don't do sports like."

"What do you mean you don't do sports? Kashmir, you are required - "

"Required," I interrupt him. "Who the fuck requires me?"

"Watch your language," he points at me like an auld mut. "Or I will send you to the head," auld McDaid icily informs me with sheer venom.

As if I care.

I tell him the truth like. Me humble opinion as it were. "Sir," I say politely with more than a hint of sarcasm. "The state requires it because of the fat kids we have in society." That is the truth, I have no bad vino with those a few pounds overweight like, be happy with who you are. But the truth cannot be masked. McDaid tries to cut me off and assert what he thinks is his authority. I don't let him. "Do I look overweight sir? Do I!"

"Well no - "

"Well, no is right," I said cutting him off again. "Now the way I see it, it is simple like. You can either accept me stance or send me to Mondale. Balls in your court," I say. But in truth, McDaid's balls are in the palm a me hand. Tis like putty.

"That's Mr. Mondale," he corrects me.

"Or," I say. "You can send me to the study hall."

Auld McDaid is lost for words. "This time Kashmir," he says like. "You can go to the study hall. But next week - "

"Ah, next week will be the same," I say. "I have no interest in sports and I'm probably fitter than you sir. So studying would be a better use of me time." And on that note, I left auld McDaid to handle the rest a the class. A tedious task in itself.

I leave with a cheeky grin on me face and I don't look back.