Chapter 24 | Infiltrated

Lol I had to look at my own character overview to see what the two youngest sons were called again hahah. As usual, sorry for the delay... So busy :'( But i do intend to finish this story! :)

___________________________

Daichi sighed as he put the last piece of his ANBU attire on. He knew it was not a good idea to wear this while he was on standby, but this was his only way to leave the village without being recognized or asked for a reason to leave if he were to be spotted. He only needed to make sure to not run into Sasuke, for he'd know it was his son immediately for sure.

Diachi knew his father could be back any minute. He knew he went to see Kaira, so he had a summoning follow him. It was very likely that Sasuke had noticed the pair of eyes on him. No, Daichi was convinced Sasuke had noticed, but that didn't matter. As long as Sasuke did not know that it belonged to Daichi, and as long as he wouldn't figure out the reason behind it,  Daichi could leave, he could go. He only needed to go unnoticed.

Daichi brought his hand to his neck and took the pendant between his fingers. He brushed his thumb over the Uchiha crest. He couldn't remember ever seeing his mother without it around her neck. She even wore it in his vaguest memories. And he was going to return it to her.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

As Sasuke neared his house, he already felt like something was off. Gritting his teeth, already assuming that it had to do something with the summoning from earlier, he sped up his pace. The bird that had been watching him, he recognized it as one of Kaira's summonings, so he figured it was there to patrol and didn't do anything about, but now that he couldn't sense Daichi near the house, while his younger brothers were still there, he started thinking the summoning might have been there for another reason.

He unlocked the door and hurried inside. In the living room he found his two youngest sons on the couch, working on their homework. ''Kazu.'' Sasuke caught his attention. ''Where is Daichi?"

Kazu frowned at the question, as if the answer was already obvious, but the urge in his father's voice made him doubt his own answer. ''He's not upstairs?'' He asked slowly.

Sasuke sighed. He didn't even have to go upstairs to see if Daichi was there. He didn't even sense his chakra nearby. ''Kazu, go to Suki with Shunsuke and stay there.'' Was the only thing he said before he turned around and left the house.

It all made sense now. The summoning wasn't Kaira's, it was given to Daichi by Kaira, and he let it follow him to find out where his mother was. It was a surprise to Sasuke that Daichi made his move before he had even returned. He understood Daichi's frustrations about being left out, but for him to do something so reckless...

Kaira basically begged Sasuke to keep Daichi out of it, and now their son was on his way to see her.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Daichi grunted as he lifted the hatch.  He hated it how clammy his hands had gotten. He was nervous, more than he thought he'd be. Taking a shaky breath, he went down the stairs and closed the hatch behind him. Silently, he descended. 

It was hard to see, but downstairs lights were burning. In his hand he held a kunai. His mother may be here, but this was no normal hideout. He had never felt such discomfort before. He found this place suffocating.

Daichi roamed the hallways, trying to find a hint, a trace, whatever, but was not successful. He started to wonder if Kaira was even here, or if Sasuke was here for another reason.

His fingers tightened around the kunai once he sensed someone approaching him. Turning around, he held the knife in front of him, ready to defend himself if needed.

''ANBU?" He heard a woman whisper. She sounded confused, but fear dominated her voice. She took another step forward, and the light radiating from torch hanging against the wall exposed her features from the darkness. Her long blonde-greyish hair framed her pale face, as her frightened green eyes stared at him.

''I'm looking for someone.'' Daichi spoke slowly. She did not want the woman to think he was her enemy. He didn't even know who she was. He wanted to avoid combat if possible, then things would goo much smoother.

''Daichi, is that you?''

The familiar voice immediately relaxed all the tense muscles in Daichi's body as his eyes searched for the owner. 

''Kaira, take it easy! You have no-'' ''What are you doing here, Daichi?'' She tried to talk in a strict manner, but everyone could hear her voice shaking.

Daichi took off his mask and watched as Kaira also entered the light. She had one hand against the wall, using it to lead her towards them. Bandages were covering her eyes, and Daichi froze when he noticed the bruises on her arms. She couldn't have gotten those all from the fight when she fled Konoha.

''I'm here for you.'' Daichi spoke. ''I wanted to see you.''

Kaira's chin started to tremble, and she looked like she wanted to say more, but the pain she was suddenly experiencing stopped her from speaking any words. She hissed in pain and let herself sink to the ground.

''Kaira!'' ''Mom!''

Daichi rushed to her side, faster than the woman could, and kneeled beside her. He gently took her shoulders in his hands and waited for her to raise her face, but she kept it low. ''Mom?''

Kaira chuckled softly, placing one of her hands on top of her son's as he still held her firmly. ''Crying hurts,'' She mumbled, the small smile not leaving her face.

Daichi took her hand firmly into his and have it a reassuring squeeze. ''What happened to you?''

Instead of immediately answering the question, Kaira pulled Daichi into her arms and held him securely. ''Let me hold you for a bit.'' She whispered against his shoulder. Daichi sighed and eased into the hug, carefully embracing her. ''I'll explain it later.'' She added.

''Kaira?'' The woman questioned. ''This boy is..?''

''Daichi,'' Kaira started as she put some distance between herself and her son. ''This is my mother.''

''Mom,'' She continued. ''This is my oldest son, Daichi.''

____________________________

Did you see any spelling/grammar mistakes? Feel free to point them out :)