-Chapter 20-

"RONALDO!!" Gloria yelled, as she saw her husband on their own bathroom floor, her kneels fell as she hug him tightly in her arms. "Honey! Honey! What's wrong?" Gloria panicked as her husband did not respond.

Sapphire, Lucas and the others rushed to see what's happening in Gloria's room, Sapphire covered her mouth in shock as she saw Ronaldo on the floor, Lucas who was confused what is going on, he somehow heard a loud gasp, a slight gasp and a sniffle which he couldn't understand what's going on.

"What's happening?" Lucas asked sapphire. "Ronaldo collapsed on the floor!!" Gloria response, her voice cracks. Sapphire ran to them, taking Ronaldo, checking his pulse, trying to hear his heart if it still pumping. "He's alive, what exactly happened?" Sapphire asked.

"He just got out of the bathroom! And he just collapsed on the floor." Gloria panicked. "Did you notice him yelling in pain? Or notice him in pain?" Sapphire asked, gloria nodded. "He was holding his left stomach and he begin to groan, and then he just collapsed on the bathroom floor." Gloria said as she sobs, holding tightly of his husband.

Sapphire stood up from the floor and notice the toilet bowl. "Oh.. My gosh.." She cooed, but Gloria heard it. "Oh? Oh my gosh what?!" She asked in fear. Sapphire didn't want to answer her, but she just stood up from the floor and looked at the toilet bowl to see urinals mix with blood. She did a slight gasp. "W-whats the meaning of it? Do you know whats the meaning of it?" Gloria asked.

"We really need to bring him to the hospital, as soon as possible!" Sapphire suggest, Gloria's eyes wide opened and looked at Lucas with a shock expression, he was about to say something but he quickly shut his mouth, he looked angry at this point, stressed rather. "No! Its impossible, The city is 4 hours away! And then we need to ride something just to get there, we don't know how to drive? Do you know how to drive?" Gloria asked sapphire, sapphire shake her head.

Her husband is in danger, life is what they are talking about in here, not trust. "WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE?!" Gloria yelled, she started to cry. "YOU SEEMS TO NOTICE SOMETHING?! WHAT IS IT?!" Gloria yelled at sapphire, sapphire was a bit scared because of a traumatic experience, but she faced it.

"I-i.. I just thought Mr. Ronaldo... Has... He has cancer.." She cooed, Gloria's eyes wide open. "My mother used to have the same problem and symptoms like what is happening to him today, she would feel pain in her right stomach, her urines has a mix of blood, her lower back would be in pain, she has a lump on the side of her neck, loss of appetite, weight loss, and a fever... Does you noticed he felt all those?" Sapphire asked, Gloria suddenly cried nodding as she also noticed them.

Sapphire knew about this, she has encountered this kind of situation when she was working as a surgeon in a hospital back in New York.

"He told me several years before we dated that his father has a kidney cancer, its in their blood, but he was so positive that he'll never get it from his dad." Gloria cried again, everyone gasp, and started to cry, except for Lucas, gloria has understand all of the things sapphire has noticed. "TELL ME IS THIS BAD?! WHAT STAGE!? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT STAGE?!" Gloria yelled. "I.. I don't know..." Sapphire stutters.

"But i think... The cancer has spread.."

Gloria begin to cry out loud, she hugs her husband, caressing him. Sapphire and the others started to cry, they felt pity.. Sapphire's heart was racing fast, her anxiety keeps attacking her again, no matter what, she wanted to help, she just can't stop thinking about what would happen if she failed.. Her hands were shaking in fear and all she just did was to stare at them, and held her hand tightly.

But everytime she just looks at them, sapphire keep remembering her mother when she was in pain, and her father that would suffer seeing her in pain, she doesn't wanted Gloria to be depressed and on the end she would die in depression, they were both such good couples, such lovely old couples and it would be a waste if it would be easily forgotten, Sapphire knew how much Ronaldo wanted to live long for his wife.

But she's just too scared right now, what will happened if she failed? Everyone will blame her, everyone will hate her, everyone especially Lucas, she thought he will blame her for everything about Ronaldo's death, she was too scared.

But sapphire can't take it anymore. "I... I'll do surgery." Sapphire said. All of them looked at her if she was joking or not, Lucas who was confused doesn't like the sound of her saying this. "W-what?" Gloria asked confuse. "Sapphire this is not a time for jok-" "

"I-I was a surgeon for 4 years.. Back in new York.. I used to be a doctor.. For 4 years.." Sapphire said, hiding her sweaty and trembling palms on her back, Everyone eyes wide open, and Lucas...

He was shocked, he didn't say a single word.. He didn't spoke.. But he was sad or angry at the same time. "Lucas.." Her heard Gloria's voice, she sounds like she wanted to beg for sapphire to do surgery. "Do what you want." Was the only thing Lucas said, he walked out of the room, trying to control his anger.

Sapphire was never been so much confused in her life 'why did Lucas walked out?' 'did i do something wrong?' 'Am i being a little bit too cocky?' 'Am i a show off to him?' Sapphire asked all this question in her mind.

Gloria looked back at sapphire. "P-please.. P-please sapphire I'm begging you.. Do him.." Gloria begged. Sapphire didn't open her mouth or say a single word, she just nodded while smiling sadly at her.

"But miss gloria.." Sapphire's vision was stuck on her feet, twiddling her finger. "I can't promise you anything." She added, Gloria felt un easy.. About this.. She just wanted to cry, wanted to accept all.. She wanted to refuse but Ronaldo is in trouble, he will suffer if this stays.

She wanted to trust sapphire, so she nodded trying to fight her emotions. "I understand.." She muttered, nodding her.

-To be continued-

-don't forget to vote.