Clueless Culprits

Start from the beginning

I'm five foot seven, thank you very much. But I wasn't in the mood for a debate.

"It's cold." I perceive, hugging myself.

"I told you we shouldn't be here after dark. Did you listen?" He sighs as I frown from his scolding.

The two devils inside me pound against my stomach lining once again. They seem to do that when I'm sad, as if reminding me that I have something to look forward to.

"You wanna go, now?"

I don't want to leave. "Can't I stay for a few more minutes?" I ask, turning my head the other way so I wouldn't sprain it.

"You've been saying that since this morning. You're going to get sick and that's no good for our kids either. Let's go." He surmises, turning me around to face him.

I huff, as I follow him from railing. I sigh as I look at the stores leading down. Do I have to walk all the way down again?

Aniket sees my sour expression, chuckling. "Come here, I'll carry you." I smile at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

There was no way that I was going to point out the elevator.

I enjoy taking revenge on him.

*******************************************

"Krithi, you should go if you have to go." Aniket says, coming back from the washroom.

"I don't want to go. Do you know how unsanitary that thing is? I'd rather hold it in than sit on that damn thing."

"Fine. It's not like your going to listen to me, anyways." He says, tucking his hands into the blankets. Even in first class, they gave you one blanket.

I really wish I could meet the company owner and receive a few tips about how to implement these kinds of ingenious tactics to save money.

"I'm really cold."

"I already gave you my blanket. I have scraps to cover my own cold body." Aniket says, hugging himself as he places his head on my own. I sneak my head in the crook of his neck, snuggling into him comfortably.

"Your body is always cold." I argue.

"Exactly." He muses. "But it's colder when the temperature is freaking below zero, Krithi."

The airplane was one of those fancy elite ones that middle class people like me can only dream of and look at in awe as it passes over your roof-top. But, I would have rather spent money on a monkey than travel in first class. One, because it's cold as Antarctica. And two, because even though I had leg space to store my long legs and a tiny screen in front of me to entertain me for the ten hour journey, I still hate the food. And if I don't get enough food, I turn into a horror-show.

"Can I put my leg on yours? It's cramping." I complain, and he clicks his tongue, groaning. I smile, comfortably placing my legs on top of his. I adjust the black blanket over our bodies, snuggling into him. The arm of the chair digs into my waist, and I assault it in turn, shoving it into the crook of the hole between the two chairs. The man behind me stares at me in shock as I coerce the arm into obeying.

"Hi." I say awkwardly. The man clears his throat and edges back in his seat, fearful of my violent ways.

Geez, I was just trying to be friendly.

I turn my head again, putting my arms around Aniket's torso. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the washroom? We still have an hour and a whole lot of customs to go through."

"I'm fine, Aniket. Just tired."

"Do you want something to eat?"

"Here?" I snort. "I'd rather barf then eat the cardboard they call roti."