'Saving lives is a full time job'

~🌷🌷🌷~

~🌷🌷🌷~

"They're all going to be living here until your marriage rituals are complete."

"What do you mean by marriage rituals ma?"

"Oh, I thought I wouldn't have to talk about this with a doctor, but I guess you're too naive."

"Ma. Ok, ok. Stop."

She laughs. "I was just teasing."

"So, will he stay too?"

"Of course, your getting married to him. Then you will move an hours drive from us, and more importantly a ten minute  walk away from our hospital."

"You truly thought of everything ma."

"I am a great wedding planner. Maybe I should take that up as a career. don't you think?"

"I am here to take care of you ma. Papi and you will never have to work again."

"Too bad. With you out of the house, I don't have anything else to do."

"Guess what, maybe you could come stay with my in-laws for a while. You know, to transition me into the environment?"

"That would be great."

***************************************

"So, you finally decided to show up?" I ask him.

He is wearing his suit, and people were looking at him like he was from another planet. Usually, people don't see Indian men wearing tailored black suits, especially on a hot summers day.

He smirks, "Well, I couldn't get away from work."

I smirked.

"I think we will work out just fine!"

"Why do you say that?" He asks.

"Well, for one, you seem to be a workaholic yourself."

He smiles.

"Anyways, I have probably one hour before they call me again. It's best if you could get your tests in forty five minutes."

"Well, um, you see, I need to take tests which kind of requires you to take your pants off."

"Can't wait until our wedding night, can we?" He teases.

"Oh, why do people always decide to tease me?"

"Because you look very innocent," he says.

"Well, I am not!" I fold my hands over my chest protectively and stare at him from the corner of my eye.